1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Schneider Charger delay function doesn't work.

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by chuckp, May 18, 2012.

1. chuckp

chuckp Junior Member

I recently installed my new Schneider charger from Lowe's, but when I try to use the delay built in to the charger it does not work. It waits the allotted time, starts to charge and the car (or something) kicks it off. The email is "Interrupted charge". I've tried it twice. The car's internal delay seems to work fine. Has anyone else noticed this anomalous behavior?

2. mitch672

mitch672 Technology Geek

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a Schnieder as well, why would you even want to use this feature? The PiPs timers work fine, so the EVSE doing this is a bit redundant, really.

BTW, I've never tried the Schnieder timer, don't see a need for it myself.

3. chuckp

chuckp Junior Member

I usually use the built-in timer, but sometimes I only want to wait an hour to two to let the batteries "rest" before charging them. It would be easier to use the Schneider delay function since it only takes about a second to program for a delay, but it doesn't work, so I'm forced to continually adjust the start time on the PIP clock. I would like to know if my unit is defective, or if all units operate this way and we need a board upgrade!

Thanks,

Chuck

4. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three