1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Schneider EV Link ....price Increase

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by 9G-man, Apr 11, 2012.

1. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'd been contemplating an Level 2 EVSE and had decided on the Schneider EV link sold at Home Depot. Was just putting it off until closer to my PiP arrival.
    Well, wouldn't you know it.... I went to order it today and the price has
    Increased! $100 bucks, to $899.00.

It's been $799 for months and a bit lower last fall. That'll teach me.
    They can keep it.

Get on the stick CHINA!

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    For 900 why not just get a ge watt station from lowes for 999? Yeah, it is still 100 more but it is a ge. I have one and am liking it, and it is 30a in case down the road I need a larger amperage charger (maybe yours is 30a too I don't know).

Then again I did get the 30% fed credit so it was not as big a pill to swallow... I'm suRe in time they will drop again so waiting isn't a bad choice as well lol.

3. seek

seek Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Any place that sells those home chargers should install it in the parking lot so I can recharge while shopping.

4. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

Tell me about it, I'm getting tired of snooping around looking for an outlet stuck on the side of the building somewhere lol.

5. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Home Depot takes competitor coupons (like Lowes, and in some cases, Harbor Freight). Try to find a 10 or 20% of coupon. You'd probably have to go into the store to place the order and use the competitor coupon though.

6. LenP

LenP Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Just to let you know the Schneider unit is indoors only, that’s why I passed up on it. My charger is located outside, I bought the Legrand, despite comments I read on here, I checked it out thoroughly, and it works great. Just make sure the unit is weather proof if your planing on installing it outside, most are but not all. As for planning for the future with a bigger unit, by time you buy your next PIP or EV the new chargers will be much cheaper, no point worrying about what you don’t need now.
    PS: I know they aren't chargers those are built into the car.:D