1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Scientific Proof

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by daniel, May 24, 2006.

1. imntacrook

imntacrook New Member

People that mock anothers race or religion seem awful small to me.

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(imntacrook @ May 28 2006, 02:42 PM) [snapback]262130[/snapback]</div>
    When a small group of people take over boards of education and force science teachers to lie to students, under penalty of law, passing off one particular religion as science, mockery may be the most effective way to fight back and protect the right of students to learn science in science class.

3. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

Just for reference, the CotFSM is NOT in existance to mock ANY religion. We are mocking the ignorance inherent in attempting to include religion in science curriculum.

4. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 29 2006, 09:17 AM) [snapback]262325[/snapback]</div>
    hmmm, i don't know... i made it through 16+ years of schooling, and science was always science, there was no religious component. i guess the question is, just how many 'classrooms' out there are shoving religion down kids throats... a good friend of mine is an inner city public highschool teacher, and science there as well has no religious component. i guess what i'm saying is, i'm just not convinced it's some large-scale issue....

5. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

Seems that Daniel is actively trying to fill that God shaped hole in his soul. Please be patient with him as he leaps from empty god to empty god, mocking God step by step until one day it all becomes clear and he finally submits his life to the God who made him.

Or, until he gets smacked by a cement truck and ends up in hell for eternity without ever finding God.

Until then, be patient with him.

6. Mirza

Mirza New Member

God "as we know it" is a human concept. Your Bible or whatever you follow was written by none other than men... which is not mockery of religion, just fact.

Daron, I hope you calm down soon... in all honesty you are sounding like a lunatic! Just like those liberals who get so fed up they go bonkers.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ May 29 2006, 01:15 PM) [snapback]262379[/snapback]</div>

7. KD6HDX

KD6HDX New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have news for the Pastafarians. There is no more spaghetti and meatballs left. The RASTAFARIANS got the munchies and ate all of it. They also ate two cases of ding-dongs and a two liter bottle of pepsi followed by a roll of TUMS. So much for the here today gone to Maui religion. For all of you zealots out there.....chill out. God must have a sense of humor, look at Pat Robertson. He looks and SOUNDS like an idiot.

Dave

8. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KD6HDX @ May 29 2006, 10:41 AM) [snapback]262387[/snapback]</div>
    According to The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, Rastafarians and Pastafarians are practically the same. Their names rhyme, and there were always lots of pirates in the Caribbean. But if the Rastafarians really have eaten all the pasta in Jamaica, we'll be happy to send them some more, 'because the stores here still have plenty. They can pay us in music if they like. Reggae is cool.

9. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 24 2006, 01:09 PM) [snapback]260493[/snapback]</div>
    Was this controlled for total calories and nutrients. Did they both have a similar metabolism. If the pastafarian was diabetic and did not have insulin he/she may have died. So may holes in this study. Was it randomized? The sample size is a bit small. I think we need more numbers. I propose a NIH grant. Who wants to write the RFP?

10. EricGo

EricGo New Member

Daniel, it is not every thread that can get every single religious nutter to come out frothing. Congragulations. I think.

Do remember Kansas, though. Violence is a christian virtue, applied to defend the prestige of the TRUTH. Humor is the devil's work, I tell you !!

My kids were quoting pastafarianism for weeks when they first came across it. GOOD STUFF.

11. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ May 29 2006, 12:25 PM) [snapback]262364[/snapback]</div>
    Dover, PA; Cobb County, GA; the state of Kansas- you do read the newspapers, don't you?

12. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ May 29 2006, 10:15 AM) [snapback]262379[/snapback]</div>
    I've been pondering something today: What kind of sick person takes such obvious pleasure in predicting that another person will go to hell for not believing in one particular religion?

We know, of course, that the concept of eternal torture was invented by priests to frighten superstitious people into giving them money. And it's understandable enough, both that priests should be greedy, and use whatever means they can to accumulate wealth, and that in a pre-industrial world, people might believe them.

But from that, to taking pleasure in the belief that those who don't pay protection money to the priests will go to hell, is a big leap. One would expect a normal human being to grieve if he really believed that someone else was going to hell. But so many of the folks who come to Fred's to argue for creationism seem to experience an almost-sexual ecstasy as they predict hell for the un-believers.

I know that for me, heaven would not be heaven if I knew there were people being tortured for having believed the wrong religion. Jesus told people to forgive those who wronged them, but the fundies and the evangelicals and the born-agains are telling us that their god won't even forgive an honest mistake in a person's beliefs. And they absolutely love it that he won't. They look forward with great longing to a heaven in which they can watch the unbelievers burning in a lake of fire, sort of like a cosmic sit-com.

All I can say is they are one bunch of very very sick people.

Pastafarianism, BTW, has no hell. Everybody goes to heaven. But I think the believers get to go to the front of the line at the beer volcano and the unbelievers have to wait their turn.

13. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

really bad eggs (ha!) have to do the dishes and other chores

14. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(geologyrox @ May 29 2006, 09:35 PM) [snapback]262551[/snapback]</div>
    ah, a woman indeed!

15. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EricGo @ May 29 2006, 04:46 PM) [snapback]262502[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks, Eric. But to be honest, I think fewer than half our resident "nutters" have weighed in on this thread. Notably, fshagan, Schmika, keydiver, Wildkow, and the prolific Windstrings have not posted here yet. Apologies to any nutters I've left out.

16. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ May 29 2006, 07:48 PM) [snapback]262503[/snapback]</div>
    yeah, still doesnt seem like such a large scale Problem though....

17. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    any time you try to change the definition of science, or anything else factual for that matter, to make an opposing religious group happy and not based on any real reason... that's a problem. period.

18. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 29 2006, 08:30 PM) [snapback]262547[/snapback]</div>

I suppose I don't see the rejoicing in anyone going to hell in the post. You seemingly inserted that in on some mental side note and then took offense. It's not in the text.

It would be sad for you to go to hell, so hopefully your search for God will be successful soon. He's certainly something that is on your mind a lot these days, so I'm sure it will happen soon.

19. eyeguy13

eyeguy13 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ May 29 2006, 09:18 PM) [snapback]262566[/snapback]</div>
    What you 'believe' on Earth is of little consequence. It's your actions that might dictate the after-life. If you live a good life, treat all others with respect and kindness, be good to the Earth, etc...and IF their is a God, how could that God not possibly allow you to go to Heaven? And to take it further...the Christian God believes that if you're not Christian, you're going to Hell. Millions of good Buddhists, Shinto's, Jews, etc...are going to Hell??? Come on.

Religion is personal. You believe. You don't. Who cares but you? Don't try to convince others. Just keep it to yourself.

20. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ May 29 2006, 06:47 PM) [snapback]262555[/snapback]</div>
    Nation-wide, the Bible-thumpers are trying to get creationism (under the thin disguise of "ID") taught in science classes as an "equal theory." They are trying to get boards of education to force science teachers to tell students that evolution is "just a theory," playing on the very different meanings of the word "theory' in science and common parlance. There are just a few places where they've succeeded, but the fact that they've succeeded anywhere is a symptom that our educational system is at risk of becoming a propaganda tool for religious bigots. And the fact that the educational system of the entire state of Kansas has been taken over by loonies is a serious cause for concern.