1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Scion rims for the Prius C using the stock tires...

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by Jonathan F/2, Jul 3, 2012.

1. silvie

silvie New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    Great job and looks really good! How much did you end up paying with shipping? Can you post the ordering link?

2. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    It cost me a bit more since the place shipped to CA, but I couldn't source a closer vendor with the rims at that price. If you're in Orlando, it should be a bit cheaper.

Call this place: Import Tire Company

Ask for Robert and tell him you want to buy a set of Scion XB rims and he'll provide you with a shipping quote. They shipped the same day and it was a very smooth transaction. Rims were factory new. No problems.

silvie likes this.
  3. AutoMo

AutoMo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Terrific! I truly do like the look. Upscale, yet modest. Did the TPMS move over ok? Let me know if you find caps that fit. If I get something worked out so that we can modify the Scion cap covers to reflect the Toyota symbol I'll let you know. Congrates again, your C looks great.

4. maddog61

maddog61 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    AutoMo likes this.
  5. AutoMo

AutoMo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Maddogs61, great find! I did the search and saw your wells and read the specs. Please post pics after you get these mounted up and on the car. I do like the black with the machined surfaces. Keep us posted on your progress.

6. Jonathan F/2

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    The TPMS sensors moved over just fine. I think I may go to the Toyota dealer and see if they have center caps that match up. I measured the outer diameter to 55mm. I'm pretty happy with the look. Still looks factory clean, but not like a rental car with hubcaps!

Next on my upgrade list will be to source the window visors from Japan! I'll probably get those next month. After that I'm done. :)

7. AutoMo

AutoMo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Cool, If the Toyota dealership has a center cap that fits, I suggest you get the part number (if you can- I've read on this chat some dis-service departments will not give out part numbers, no problem with mine yet), and then shop for that part number on-line. No secret my relationship with the Stealerships... But that's just me. The visors will look good, post pics of those.
    I recently installed a Curt hitch, and ordered a bike rack that has yet to be shipped. The installation of the hitch was pretty straight forward, but center black panel needed to be removed and will not fit with the hitch installed (invisible unless viewing from under car). So I made a new center section for the hitch in place. I think it looks good (invisible unless viewing from under car - LOL), puts the "under car" airstream back in order, and is actually a little lighter than the original. What is doesn't have are the 3 air vains, I can live with that. Once the rack shows up I'm pretty much done myself, at least until I can think of something else. . . :)

8. Jonathan F/2

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I went to the dealership today, and they only had center caps for the standard Prius. Neither of which fit. For other caps, they didn't have any in stock. I think caps from another 4x100 15" toyota wheel will fit. I'll just have to find some.

I also pulled up next to a white Prius with the optional 15" alloys, and I think the Scion rims look better. They seem to be a bit more sportier, while still looking factory. :)

9. AutoMo

AutoMo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    That's what Robert, the chap from Import Tire Company told me, when I asked for Toyota center caps fitting the Scion wheels, that Toyota's were all too large and that he had yet to find a factory cap that would fit (our) rims. I read on this chat, but a different thread, that you need to be aware of the front drive hub/stub, it seems to protude enough that it is a consideration on some shallower caps.
    You do have the Scion center caps right? I'll attempt something for covering the Scion emblem when I get a little more time to dedicate. I think the Scions look a little better too, but probably because that is what I now own. If I could have gotten the Prius C option, I'd probably be arguing with you. LOL

10. big pete

big pete Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Looks good Jonathan

11. Jonathan F/2

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I still have the Scion caps. The rim's are growing on me without the caps. I may just roll without them. Keep me posted if you figure something out. Worst comes to worst, I may just respray the caps with a chrome coat. I showed my wife and she doesn't see the difference between the stock rims versus the alloys...doh! I was also eyeing the Scion IQ rims at Toyota today, and if I had the extra money for both rims and tires, I would of definitely gotten those rims for the Prius C!

Here's another shot with the rims minus caps. ;)

[​IMG]

F8L likes this.
  12. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The remind me of C5 corvette wheels, some of my favorite wheels. I put C5 replicas on my C4 Corvette.
    [​IMG]

F8L likes this.
  13. Jonathan F/2

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    daboy likes this.
  14. Jonathan F/2

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Just wanted to confirm, the new center caps fit! Rims and caps look factory clean. ;)

[​IMG]

F8L, tk1971, silvie and 1 other person like this.
  15. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Those wheels look like they belong there.

16. silvie

silvie New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    Nice work. So, no
    concern with the clearance for the long center bolt? Please post the ordering link. Thanks.

17. Jonathan F/2

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

I roughly measured these caps with the stock Scion caps that came with the wheels, and they seem to have the same clearance. These particular caps curve out so it clears the center bolts in the front. I also think the Prius Gen I caps may fit and perhaps the caps from the MR-S spyder. The Yaris caps seem to be the cheapest!

Just give the part number [PT904-52060-CC] to your local toyota parts dealer. I received mine the next day! It shouldn't cost more than $15 for all 4 caps. They're stock caps for the Yaris.

BTW - If you already installed the Scion caps, you're going to have to remove the wheels to take them off. So it's best to leave them off until you receive the stock Toyota caps!

18. silvie

silvie New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    Thanks Jonathan.

19. RED 2012

RED 2012 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    AARRRGGGHHH!!

I just called Import Tires, you guys bought the remaining stock!!

20. RED 2012

RED 2012 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    OK!!
    I found a set in Santa Barbara. New for $400.