1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Scratch, I need help to remove.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Mattman4723, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Mattman4723

Mattman4723 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have had this scratch since a week after I bought the car. No idea how it happened but it just upsets me every time I walk by. I've used meguiars scratch removal to try and buff it out. I also asked Toyota at my last maintenance to try and buff it out. They tried but couldn't get it out, I have also had no luck.

The scratch itself doesn't seem deep. It is probably 4-5 inches long. You can't feel it at all. Just annoying, so guys and girls any suggestions.

There are a few pictures, sorry it was getting dark when I took them with my iPhone but you get the idea. [​IMG][​IMG]

2. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    If the scratch is in just the clear coat, touch it up with clear coat and it should disappear.

3. Mattman4723

Mattman4723 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Where do I get clear coat? Also what if it is deeper then the clear coat and I just don't know how to tell?

4. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    The dealer sells clear coat touch up. I would imagine auto parts stores sell it too. If the scratch doesn't disappear with the clear coat application, then buy the color at the dealer.

5. mastergunnera8

mastergunnera8 Junior Member

Strange that a shop buffing didn't work...your pic doesn't look like its been high speed buffed...If you cant feel it, it should come out. Try some polishing compound, I linked below, but your local autozone or parts store will have it.. follow the instructions, apply small amounts with damp corner of a 100% cotton towel. Rub in till its almost dry, buff with the other side of the cloth. It should come out after one or more applications. The polishing compound will not damage the finish. Then apply wax afterwards. If that doesn't work, you can try rubbing compound, but be careful with that stuff...If in doubt, go to a detailing shop or body shop for advice and/or estimate....let us know!!