1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Scratched and broke Bumper Cover (Right, Front)

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by rr8, Jan 27, 2023.

1. rr8

rr8 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I scratched a curb, painting is a minor thing but the fender of the Bumper Cover close to the wheel is broken.
    Picked up the dropped screw part, Does anyone know where it fell?
    I also got the quote for $600 from a one-man body shop, but he said He won't replace the Bumper Cover, will only weld and paint.

I'm not sure Is it a good deal? I surveyed that we can buy the part(52112-47902) online and followed by instruction(one of the people share Technical Information on forum)
    But not sure about the last step after disconnecting the connector, how do I initial and register it?

Any suggestions will be thanks.

Attached Files:

2. road2cycle

road2cycle Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    It looks like the item in your last photo broke off of something. Stick your phone in video mode under the bumper and see if you can determine which plastic piece it used to be connected to.

You can look up parts.Toyota.com to determine what a replacement will cost.

I still haven’t gotten used to how low these Primes are to the ground. I’ve scraped or bottomed out at least four times that I can remember in the two years I’ve owned mine.

3. rr8

rr8 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Looks like the bottom has broken a screw but not that one, and also clip next to the light

Attached Files: