1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Scratched up interior plastic. . .what to do?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Fubar1764, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Fubar1764

Fubar1764 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    So imagine, the glossy plastic on the center console and the dash have scratches. What has everyone done with the scratches? Paint over them?

2. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Either that or remove the plastic piece and buff it to whatever color there is beneath the (silver?) paint.

There are companies out there that will put a chrome finish on a mailed-in plastic piece, or if you're into the carbon fiber thing, you could get an overlay made.
    You might be able to wheedle a part number from your local Toyota dealer and pay something ike $50 for a new piece and try not to get the new one scratched up.

Me?
    I ignore them.
    Like door dings, and scratches on the paint.

It's gonna happen.

Fubar1764 likes this.
  3. stevemcelroy

stevemcelroy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    On my last car I had a bubble on one of the air vents. Not really thinking I assumed it was a solid black plastic so I rubbed it. The bubble came off and I was left with a gleaming white spot underneath. I just touched up the spot with a Sharpie marker. It did not look perfect, but it looked good enough that you would not notice it unless you were inspecting it closely.