1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Scratches on exterior b pillar

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by rogerv, Nov 25, 2011.

1. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I've searched for info on removing scratches from the matte finish on the b pillar, so if this has been covered before, I apologize.
    My wife's fingernails seem to put fine scratches where she grips the door. (They appear only on the right side; she has never driven the car.) The car is over five years old, so it has taken a while for the plastic to get scratched enough to show in certain light. Any suggestions for polishing the area without damaging the matte finish? The glossy finish on the b pillars the Lexus we have had for ten years seems to be tougher, and don't show the scratches.
    Before anyone suggests divorce, etc, we have been married 46 years. Also, she has a physical impairment to one hand resulting from a childhood injury. And I can't always get there first to open her door for her.
    So what I really need are ideas to get rid of the scratches. On my next Prius I'm thinking maybe the same material that is used on the front end to protect from chips might work on the pillars.