1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Scratches on the rear spoiler

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by milkman44, May 10, 2014.

1. milkman44

milkman44 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Twice now someone has opened the garage door while the rear hatch was open, noise that always elicits a string of unrepeatables and hair raising on the back of my neck. Well, ended up with some scratches in the lip of the spoiler. I've decided to cover it with some black fake carbon fiber film, anybody got any pointers on installing this? I can use a heat gun, but don't know if it's possible to cover this without wrinkles. Hope to hear some encouraging words. Thanks

2. onlinemissy

onlinemissy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey Milkman, I have done exactly the same thing that it almost brought me to tears.
    Before you go trying heat guns, as that terrifies me more. Please have a shot at just buffing the scratches lightly
    I was lucky to be able to get away with just doing this. Definitely worth a shot and is the safer option
    Good luck ;-)

3. milkman44

milkman44 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The scratches are way too deep to buff out, the heat gun reference was to use on the film to get it to fit the rounded curved shape of the spoiler.