1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Scratches on window tint

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Bigboi, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Bigboi

Bigboi Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Hello Prius brothers after 8 months of owning my 2015 Prius C i noticed scratch marks on the driver and passenger side windows and none on the rear windows. Is there a liquid or compound that can remove scratches? Or redo the entire tint? Also, does anyone else have scratches on their tint? Thank you!

2. kndy

kndy Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Well, if you had it for eight months, probably the best thing is to get it retinted. If you take it to a tint shop, just make sure they offer you lifetime warranty, as they could fix the problem and also fix it for free if anything goes wrong. Unfortunately, tints can get bad overtime, but unfortunately, not all is perfect.

For my Prius C, I went for ceramic tinting this time around and I went to a shop that offers a lifetime warranty, if anything goes wrong.

But because it's both the driver and passenger side, it may not cost too much for a new tint job.

Good luck!

Bigboi likes this.
  3. Bigboi

Bigboi Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Well it is a sad that the option is to redo it but good idea on the ceramic tint, never heard of that! Useful to know for my next car after I drive this bad boy to the ground in 10 years!!