1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Screen automatically changes after 10 seconds

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Grayson73, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Grayson73

Grayson73 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

I have a 2008 Prius Touring. I used to be able to leave the screen on Audio or Climate, but lately, it automatically switches to the Consumption/Energy screen after about 10 seconds. Is there a way to change it back so that it stays on the Audio or Climate screen and no longer auto switches?

2. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hopefully someone with a later model can confirm if anything has changed in more recent year models, but on my 2005 it does exactly the same. It will stay indefinitely in either the "Energy Monitor" or "Trip Info" screens, but will only stay in the Audio or Climate screens for about 10 seconds. Mine has always been this way.

3. Grayson73

Grayson73 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Interesting. Mine hasn't been that way until this week, and the reverse beep is also back on. I guess my settings set to default, so there must be a way to turn off the screen auto switch. I'll check the settings tonight.

4. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Have you had it from new or is it secondhand? The reverse beep is always enabled from new, so yeah someone must previously have tweaked it.

There's instructions somewhere here on how to turn off the reverse beep, but sadly doesn't work on Priuses made for the Australian and some European markets, so I've never been able to make it work. It should work ok for you though.

5. Grayson73

Grayson73 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    For the reverse beep, I turned it off years ago using instructions from this forum, but it came back. I also noticed that screen auto switch, so the previous owner must have turned it off. Just curious whether it's a menu option or not.

6. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Pretty sure it is just an option in the display area. You can get to it from the MFD in one of the settings areas. The same thing works in the Lexus too. I like to consumption screen so I leave it there, but I know I have flipped the option before. Nothing special needed, it is just burried in submenus.

7. Grayson73

Grayson73 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks! I like to leave mine under Audio so that I can see what songs are being played.