1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

screen change away from NAV/MAP?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by lextoy, Feb 7, 2019.

1. lextoy

lextoy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    i just got my prime premium and have been reading and playing with the car, displays, options etc.
    first question, i'm not a big fan of continuous map display , i will probably never use the nav system.
    what are my options for alternative main screen, or am i stuck with perpetual map as the main background?
    2nd question, where can i setup an instantaneous mpg readout, like what is on my 08 regular prius ?
    all the meters are somewhat useful(can be redundant), but they dont really tell me a simple instant mpg reading.
    how are you all setting up your multi info displays up top, and the 11.6 main screen down below?

3rd question, when i scroll thru the radio stations, is there a way to have the station guide pop up in the MID scteen up top? or does it just display on the 11.6 towards the bottom. like if i hit the up button it auto switches to the radio MID screen instead of the info screen. i know i can manually scroll into the radio screed on the MID but thats annoying, i just want it to pop up if i start changing stations?? is that possible?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    if no one knows, see if the owners manual has any instruction

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    1. The nav is always at the top unless you use the Energy Monitor - that can be full screen. I think all the other screens are half only.
    2. Not the actual value like the Gen 2. You can go into the MID settings and change the speedo screen from “Simple” to “Split”. Then you can scroll to the instant FE bar. Right now I have the HUD showing the Hybrid System Indicator, the MID bouncing between HSI, Drive Monitor and Eco Diary. I’m thinking about leaving it on the climate screen since there’s no direct button for the recirc so the MID is the easiest way for me to close the vents. The Split screen shows the battery SOC. The MFD is full screen nav
    3. Not that I know of.

4. lextoy

lextoy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    thx for the explanations, so far i'm arriving a the same conclusions ; )