1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Screen off- on purpose

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jamarimutt, Sep 20, 2006.

1. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

Here would be the ideal for me...

[attachmentid=5105]

I guess if I *had* to see the road, the visor could go clear for a brief moment...

Attached Files:

• hmd.jpg
      hmd.jpg
      File size:
      57.2 KB
      Views:
  2. billyboy

billyboy Guest

One of the reasons I'm going to probably buy one IS all the electronics. I know, they're probably get old fast. Why isn't a microwave oven a option yet?

Semi-serious question how come they don't offer a moon roof? I'm going to miss that.

What model year will all the controls be shown transparently on the windshield like fighter pilots have and forget the sterring wheel, should be able to just "think" which way you're going to turn, etc., or at least just have to turn your head. After all its a Toyota, they're suppose to be on the cutting edge. :blink:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(billyboy @ Sep 22 2006, 09:45 PM) [snapback]323718[/snapback]</div>
    Oh scary... bigdaddy must have been reading my mind.

3. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

Several days after turning the screen off, I can say I don't miss it at all. Now it really feels like driving any other car. Try it for a week and feel free! No wonder Toyota provided the option to turn it off. :)

4. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I turn mine off when driving at night for better visability.

5. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigdaddy @ Sep 22 2006, 07:48 PM) [snapback]323682[/snapback]</div>
    Ugh! I'd rather not even know where I'm going, than get there with a crushed coif.

6. Ari

Ari New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I recently turned off my MFD too. :) I must admit I felt anxious always staring at the screen and trying save every precious drop of fuel.

Last weekend I went up to Julian, CA, and when I got home I was in for a big surprise : 56 MPG for the current tank! Wow! Now I know how to drive the car even without the MFD, so it has served its purpose.

7. chimohio

chimohio New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theTurk @ Sep 22 2006, 05:35 PM) [snapback]323596[/snapback]</div>
    By turning off the automatic return on the MFD, when you are in Climate or Audio, the screen will not automatically return, nor does it blank out. I have mine set that way and Audio/climate will stay on until you change it yourself. :)

8. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Most of the time the pulse and glide calms me, but only when I am not pushing it. Its fun and calming when it just happens. I do have times when I stress out on the whole thing then I put it in map mode and try to get back in to the zone by feel. Keeping up with traffic and driving. For me the pulse and glide is like a manual tyranny just part of the car, up shifting down shifting and keeping the RPM just right and the car purring.

9. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I frequently turn the screen off, just because it's so cool to press the mic button and say "Screen Off!" I also recommend turning the screen off to new Prius owners, particularly the nervous ones who are almost afraid of the tech factor. You don't need the MFD to enjoy the car, or get better milage than 90%+ of the other cars on the road.