1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SD Card - max card size, directory structure

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by lkman, May 17, 2015.

1. lkman

lkman New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi all

I have a Toyota navi "nszt-w62g" model in an Aqua and I am using the SD card slot to play MP3 files. However I am having a question around what the mechanism used to select the folders from the SD card? Not all of the folders in my SD card (32GB card) are displayed or played by the player, but only a subset. However, I am unable to find the mechanism it uses to pick those folders even though I tried a lot. It is surely not based on the order of the folder names nor folder size? Is it based on the folder created date? Would you have an idea?

Thanks

Note: Currently it shows 125 folders out of my SD card, but there's a lot yet to be displayed.

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Maybe folder name length, ie: it's got some maximum number of characters? Just a guess.

3. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I would think the card is too large. Try a reasonable 8 gb of music and you'll be fine. It takes forever to load 32gb

4. lkman

lkman New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the reply, surely it is not the folder names. I used similar names with 1, 2, 3 post-fixes but only 1 out of them were picked.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  5. lkman

lkman New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    I am not aware where to find the max size supported by these Navis; would you know any links/manuals?

6. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It'll support the 32gb but it'll be very slow when you try to navigate the folders