1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SE Toyota Region Practices

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by 9G-man, Oct 20, 2005.

1. ThrillAddict

ThrillAddict New Member

Well... truthfully... the whole family didn't want the H2's. We get them at a very very nice discount, which at the time outweighed the gas mileage (since it wasn't bad). They also wanted me in a safe car because I was a new driver (regardless of wether you like the big car = more safe argument or not, for parents it is an easy thing to believe). My mom also needed a large car because she constantly carpools, and it was cheaper for us to get an H2 than a van. Unfortunately my dad felt that the price differential outweighed the environmental problem, that is until the gas prices crushed the price differential. Sooooo... now the problem is solved and I think we're much better off. Yay for high gas prices! :huh:

2. Cocoatreat

Cocoatreat New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i just recieved my beautiful prius on october 14, 2005 from the se region.... the dealer told me that a salsa red one was available with option 5.....so i told him i would take it.....i found the vin & looked it up.......there were quite a lot of add-ons for it......& the total price was supposed to be over $27k..... i have found out that the add-ons are made at the port of jacksonville...... since the car was ordered b4 it reached the port......they simply gave me just what i ordered...... the only add-on was the carpet mats..(which i definitely wanted) .....most of the cars are taken b4 reaching the port.....although the paperwork may have several add-ons.. most of the cars have been pre-ordered or taken b4 they reach the port.....so this is where the actions take place...... i have to say that i had the best car buying experience of my life with my dealer......i got what i paid for with no extra dealer prep....i was not pressured to buy the extra prepaid maintenance or extended warranty.....i wasnt told that i had to buy the toyo guard..... they did me right.....& i definitely appreciate that.......i will buy from Earl Stewart Toyota in Palm Beach, fla again!

3. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

Thrill.., good for you and your family, you will appreciate the gas savings as you go off to college., no matter what your family can do for you, money is always a problem for a college student. Good luck to you and your new car, and your family too.

4. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

And to the SE bunch., just shop around guys and gals, it is buyer beware, and just work to get your best deal..move around..use the internet too.

5. John in Portland

John in Portland New Member

Earllier in this thread, a link was provided for ToyotaWeb to be able to view dealer Prius inventory. The link above goes to SE Region. For those new to this forum (like me!), I would like to first of all post Danny's previous explanation of how to find out what your local dealer's inventory is:

Stickied by Danny because of the great information voltswagon posted a few posts below:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    OK, I broke the code for obtaining results for each individual dealer for the SE region. If you use this URL:

http://www.toyotaweb.net/inventory/searchr...=false,%20false

You will get the number of Prius they have allocated at the dealer, in this case it is Toyota of Durham (dealer code 32127). How do you get the code for the dealer you are interested in? Go to the toyota.com and use the dealer locator link. Once you find the dealer you want info on, move your cursor over Search Used Car Inventory. At the bottom of your current web page it should show you the dealer code embedded in the URL for searching used inventory.

Substitute that code in the URL above for each dealer who's allocation you want to see. If you get a response that includes the entire SE allocation, then that dealer does NOT have any Prius allocated currently.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    (Thanks again Danny for being an excellent resource!)

My question now is, having followed Danny's instructions above and located the dealer codes for my area (Portland Oregon), I cannot make this work. In fact, substituting random numbers for the dealer code in the url above, I can only ever find dealers in the SE Region. If I use the valid codes for Portland dealers (e.g. 36047, 36089, 36078, 36062) or for SW Washington (e.g. 46071) I get an error message back.

A search of the ToyotaWeb site using Google and the above codes and appropriate keywords also fails to turn up anything - just SE Region dealer inventory.

For those would-be Prius buyers who don't live in the SE, can anyone tell us how to find out dealer inventory on the web?

6. DeadPhish

DeadPhish Senior Member

Outer Banks of NC.. Retired to play golf and poker
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    [

>I think Toyota realizes people want these very badly, so they max them out with expensive options (some package 1's up to $33k in North Carolina) to get the most out of their remaining 05's. It's dispicable, wrong, and it greatly hurts my chances of getting the Prius that I've been waiting to get.

Disgusting. Toyota Corp. will be receiving a letter from me very soon.<

As another poster stated, SE Toyota is an independent distributorship owned by one person who also owns the port processessing facilty in Jacksonville as well as his own finance company Omni ( In competition with TFS ). He has the right to do as he wishes in his area once he purchases all the vehicles from Toyota.

In the Central Atl Region the distributorship is owned by Toyota and toes the company line much closer. We have been requested NOT to make any Market Adjustment Addendums and the Processing Facility in Newark, NJ adds nothing to the ordered vehicles.

We happen to be on the NC/VA border so we get cross shopped often. Vote with your feet if the practices annoy you.

kdhspyder

7. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :unsure: Hi folks...

Unless your need (or desire) for a Prius is overwhelming, just bide your time until the 2006's begin to arrive. The "enhanced priced" 2005's likely will be available for somewhat lower prices then... besides, if you take delivery after Dec 31 2005, you will get the avantage of the 2006 TAX CREDIT instead of the 2005 tax deduction - a savings of something near $3,000. Is it worth $1,000/month to be patient?

On the other hand, if your need is immediate, search around and you can find '05's for MSRP around the country - a one-way flight and drive your Prius home.

My 2¢ worth.

8. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    As of today all those overpriced Prius' have DISAPEARED!! from the SE Inventory.
    Six pages of them infact.........Is big brother watching?

9. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    nope, there are a whole lot of new prius owners out there who paid a whole lot of money, though...

prii don't stay on dealer lots, no matter how much they cost.