1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SeaFoam Spray on this Gen3

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Tekken, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Tekken

Tekken Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Seafoam seems to good effective clearing produce to clear Piston, Valve. Have anyone used Seafoam Spray on this Gen 3. Since junk built up on this Gen3, Seafoam Spray, it's safes for Oxygen sensor and Catalytic but needs to bypass Mass Flow Sensor. I don't ready know how many another sensor maybe need to beware on Prius Gen 3 after spray on the Throttle body?

2. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I used BG Products EPR and it kept the oil consumption flat once I began to see some;).

Some swear by sea foam, but I’ve seem good results with EPR. A quart every 5-6k miles isn’t bad in my book:).

Just another option, but if you use sea foam, keep us posted on your experience (y).

3. NewHybridOwner

NewHybridOwner Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Seafoam Spray is fed into the intake. The claim is that it

• Cleans intake valves & chamber deposits
    • Apply through throttle body or carburetor throat
    • Critical for modern GDI engines
    • Lubricates upper engine for longer engine life
    • Protects upper engine during storage
    I have some for our Vibe, but I haven't yet tried it.

4. NewHybridOwner

NewHybridOwner Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I "used" (sort of) the SeaFoam Spray on our Vibe: it was difficult to attach the tube to the button on the can, and when I did get it attached, it was difficult to get it to stay in place: it came off a couple of times despite my best efforts to hold it in place, and it sprayed stuff on my hand, After ten minutes or so, my hands were getting numb from trying to hold the tube in place and hold down the button, so I quit with some stuff left in the can. There was white smoke while I was feeding the stuff in, and again when I started it up after the "soak," but I have no way of telling whether it did any good. I suppose that before-and-after borescope pictures might tell a story.