1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seaglass Pearl Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by kinkng, May 12, 2012.

1. swg

swg 12 Prius / 13 Volt

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three

Yes....

2. has been

has been vote for anyone except Trump

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  3. jaymac

jaymac membore

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yes again. But I wanted the solar roof. I really like the solar roof a lot. It make a world of difference when you get in the car on a warm day. The sun roof is nice too. I dont use the navigation because the system on my IPhone is more usable. Using some of the entune features requires an unlimited data plan so keep that in mind.

John

Daddyjeph likes this.
  4. Sweet Turtle

Sweet Turtle New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
  5. kinkng

kinkng New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Well, I couldn't stand to wait any longer so I went for the Metallic Gray one. I will be picking it up on Thursday. Now, it's off to buy some options:

mud flaps
    all weather mats
    body side moldings
    plus more as I see what else is available :).

mmcdonal likes this.
  6. dgaylor

dgaylor New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Can you tell me how much you paid? I am looking at a Metallic Gray Level 3 tonight. Thanks!

7. kinkng

kinkng New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I am getting the model 2 with the following options:

carpet mats
    alloy wheel locks
    clear bumper applique
    first aid kit
    cargo net

The above options were part of some option package (forgot the option package name).

The MSRP was $25199 but I got them down to $24103 (I was never that good at negotiating) so you may be able to get them lower.

8. msmcd

msmcd New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just put a deposit down on a Prius Four in Sea Glass Pearl with a bisque interior (no options except carpet/cargo mats). I think I did pretty well on price, better than the Costco price and worth it because it is the color I wanted and is being sold by my closest dealer. I expect to pick it up next woeek (first week in June). Very excited!!!!!

Daddyjeph likes this.
  9. TwoGeeks

TwoGeeks Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    I got mine through the NC State Employees Credit Union / AAA. I asked for a Sea Glass Pearl, and they said it would be a few days. It came into the U.S. last Thursday & I picked it up a week later. She is a *beautiful* color. For me the III was worth it for satellite radio, but I'm a radio / music geek.

10. Richard Blaine

Richard Blaine New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Our Sea Glass Pearl Prius Two just arrived at the dealership, first week of June as the dealer promised. So far, so good. Definitely worth waiting a few weeks to get exactly what we wanted. The salesman suggested that we wait until after 5 June to take delivery, as Toyota is scheduled to announce any June incentive packages then. Impressive that he was willing to tell us this.

We have no use for Navigation & Entune, so opted for the Two. In any case, there have been many negative comments about both here on Prius Chat. The backup camera would have been very nice, but not worth the extra $$$. Maybe we'll install as a kit.

11. ralleia

ralleia Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Just picked up my Sea Glass Pearl four with deluxe solar roof on May 31.

The dealership had two identical twins of this car--one was on the lot at the end of April. That one got traded away so I had to wait for this one to make the trip over from Japan. I am glad that I did though!

My dealership offers $2,000 off MSRP on all Prius. I just had to wait a month for the car and then drive close to 900 miles each way (more with side trips) to pick it up!

12. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Not one of those with a model 3, but the rear view camera would be a very worthwhile extra.

13. bob N.

bob N. New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I looked far and wide for a Prius with Sea Glass Pearl. Finally found one and when I went to look at it, it did not look like the color on the Toyota web site ( worst example) It was green on their web site. No any other online picture nor Prius Brochure had an accurate colored picture.
    Warning: The Sea Glass is BLUE. A muted dull blue. I was expected some green in the color but there was none.
    Make sure you actually see a Prius Sea Glass car before purchasing.

14. bob N.

bob N. New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
  15. jabecker

jabecker driver of Prii since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It changes color depending on the light. Sometimes it appears more green, and sometimes it appears more blue, and sometimes it almost looks gray. It tends to reflect its surroundings more than other colors. I agree it is not as green as what is shown on the Toyota web site. But the link above is not accurate either. It's a very hard color to photograph accurately -- and then your monitor may not display it as photographed.

Personally, I love mine. :)

WE0H likes this.
  16. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That's exactly the problem I have with Sea Glass Pearl. It's so mercurial as a color depending on lighting, that I can't decide whether I like it or not.

In some light when it is more green or grey, I tend to like it quite a bit. But in other light, it appears too "Nursery Room Baby Blue" to me....

I guess overall I like it. Interesting color. But when it's looking light blue? I like it the least.

17. jabecker

jabecker driver of Prii since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I would agree with that. My previous Prius was Tideland Pearl, and I really loved that color. I probably would have gone with Silver Pine Mica if that were still available. I like green way more than blue. Fortunately the nursery room baby blue phases are fleeting. :D It's often a very nice aqua.

18. ChipL

ChipL Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Loving my 2012 P2 in Winter Grey for the way the paint plays in different light. Not as bad as the "mood paint" Ford used years ago on some of their cars...

19. msmcd

msmcd New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've had my Four, in Sea Glass Pearl with bisque interior for 1 week and I love the color. I have not taken (nor found) a photo that accurately shows the color, but it's beautiful and definitely varies depending on the light.

20. BethanyO

BethanyO New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I sortof have the opposite problem here in the Cincinnati area. Monday I put down $500 so they'd get me a Red Three w/ sunroof. Today (Thursday) I still have no ETA, yet there's a Seaglass Pearl Three w/ sunroof on the lot. Maybe I'll drive down and take a look at it.

kinkng likes this.