1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For Sale Seal Packing 1282B

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by freckledfroggy, Mar 3, 2022.

1. freckledfroggy

freckledfroggy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Purchased a tube of Seal Packing 1282B from my local Toyota dealership on 21 Feb to re-install timing chain cover on 2010 Prius as part of larger rebuild. Opened same day, used roughly 1/2 ounce, remainder is 97%+ of tube.

FYI, this is the stuff recommended for the water pump inlet area for me, anywhere where contact with the SLLC is likely in a general Prius / Toyota engine context. More robust for that purpose than the oil-resistant Seal Packing Black FIPG (and more costly, natch).

Purchased for $85 (see receipt for confirmation of cost and date), looking to pass on to the next user for $50 OBO plus cost for speed + brand of shipping desired by purchaser.

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    OMG - that's the most expensive silicone I've ever seen

3. freckledfroggy

freckledfroggy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yes, I nearly fell over, but it was listed as the spec, and I did everything for the rebuild according to spec -- only to be told by a dealer mechanic that they don't even use this to do the same area (per spec) when they do the rebuilds . . . kinda glad I went with my own work on this one, just in case it matters. #toyotaridiculousness

JC91006 likes this.