1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Search for european firmware

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by vanderkot, Jul 7, 2017.

1. vanderkot

vanderkot New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello, I'm from Russia, sorry for my English, I'm writing through Google translator.
    I bought a prius phv this as a plug in only for the Japanese market. It's only Japanese.
    Is anyone have a European firmware plug in? It has Russian, but I can not find it in Russia, because Russia was not supplied

2. gallde

gallde Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    If the car was bought and not stolen, the seller - or a Toyota dealer - should be able to set the correct language.

3. QuantumFireball

QuantumFireball Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    I assumed this is a used Japanese car, imported privately. The seller was probably an auction in Japan (or a local importer), and the local Toyota dealers will want nothing to do with this (they may do normal servicing but are not obliged to - not sure what they're like in Russia).

Unfortunately it's not just about changing a setting - from what I've seen with JDM models they're in Japanese and can't be changed without modification. I've seen Japanese imports in the UK which somehow have instrument clusters in English, but I don't know how they did this. There may be some way of flashing the firmware, or they may be changing out the unit entirely (e.g. from crashed European RHD models).

We get a lot of used Japanese imports here in Ireland - it makes a bit more sense for us as we drive on the left too :) But there are risks involved in that after-sales support will be poor to non-existent, the main dealers may not want to touch the thing (they may do "best effort" technical support, but I've heard reports of JDM cars not working with dealer diagnostics equipment, etc.), and getting parts can be tricky if they differ from local versions of the car.

Graham Anderson likes this.