1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Searching for interior trim fastener kit for gen 2 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Samuraidog, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Samuraidog

Samuraidog Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Are the blue/turquoise clips that hold on the trunk door interior panel the same as the white clips that hold on the traction battery cover?

In other words, does the clip color signify some kind of differentiation in terms of size/dimensions? They look similar, but there must be some reason Toyota used different colors.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I have pink ones also some push into quarter inch holes 5/16 holes that sort of thing The slide diameter round on the back that attaches to the panel is generally the same size You can look to be sure but generally most of those clips are similar enough that they'll work unless the hole that they have to click into is significantly larger or smaller then I have some that have plastic hairs on them that will push in a numerous different size holes that have the round flat on the back that slides into the clip in case red pink yellow or brown or white don't work so I have a way to skin the cat in the toolbox pretty much most of the time The pull out the pin push back in the pin type I don't keep a lot of those and they use a lot of those now on the bumper covers

SM-A715F ?

3. Another

Another Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
  4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Yeah I'm guessing this is for the quarter inch holes I don't think you can really make them easily fit a lot of different finished holes in the door panels and different parts of the body but 3D printing these clips I would just rather buy them and throw them away at the buying the stock and the material and all that and I don't think so I don't I don't use that many per year to even think about this

SM-A715F ?

5. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I believe so and I'm not sure why they have different colors.

6. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I have some time this afternoon I'll take all the clips in my Milwaukee sorting box and stick them all in the quarter inch or whatever size those holes are in the panel in the back which I have out right now and see if they all clip in and fit and pop right out with the tool that I used to pop them out which generally doesn't damage them if they're cheap they may break but I have so many I just chuck them and stick in a new one I don't generally put a panel back on until I'm completely finished messing around behind it so when I put it back on it's going to be years till it comes off again so I fix everything behind that panel seat belt retractors battery fan seal the duct work all of that

SM-A715F ?

Samuraidog likes this.
  7. Samuraidog

Samuraidog Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you for your reply. I now have both the blue and white clips in my possession. To me, they look identical in both shape and dimensions. I wish I knew the reason for the different colors. Someone on these boards must know.... :)

8. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I didn't get any colors until I started buying from impex and Amazon and not dorman at the parts store. The main thing I care about is that they go in the whole correctly and they're able to be popped out with my v-shaped tool and by looking most of the colors I have the disc that slides into the panel they are pretty much all the same so they'll all slide on to the panel and then most of them with my micrometer calipers are all about the quarter inch size I don't have any larger I have other connectors that don't hold panels on that go in different size holes 5/16 3/8 what have you but these individual clips were talking about that hold door panel side panels rear interior quarter panels on I believe it's looking like they're all the same as far as dimensions

SM-A715F ?

Samuraidog likes this.