1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

seaside blue or another color

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by seaside man, Sep 11, 2006.

1. chimohio

chimohio New Member

I was originally going to get a Barcelona Red but the car fell through at the dealers. They were able to find a Seaside Pearl with the same package - much better than the red. Besides, I think red cars get more tickets because they [only] look faster.

2. Starfall

Starfall New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JayGoldstein @ Sep 13 2006, 04:10 PM) [snapback]319126[/snapback]</div>
    I've yet to hear anyone say, "I really wanted Super White but all they had was Alien Purple." :( The reality is that you grow to love your car &, after a while, you are soooo happy you chose Alien Purple. In fact, if you had to do it all over again, you'd be the first in line for that color!

So yes, it's a matter of taste but the convenience/immediacy factor is hard to ignore & easy to forget.

3. pirateprius

pirateprius New Member

Eastern North Carolina, Home of the ECU Pirates
    Seaside is a very nice color, but you can't beat a black Prius. I did see a Silver Green Mica drive past while walking to get my lunch this week and thought that was also nice looking. Face it, there is no such thing as a bad-looking Prius, but black is best. :p

4. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeannie @ Sep 13 2006, 09:56 PM) [snapback]319252[/snapback]</div>
    Hmm... I hadn't heard that. I always thought that medium/dark grey was the least visible. I used to have a dark grey Mitsibushi sedan. A few months after I bought it somebody slammed into my rear as I was standing at a red light -- he apparently just didn't see me. A couple of other times cars nearly backed into me. I loved the color, but I think it tended to blend in with the tarmac. The Prius silver is a very light color, so I think it's fairly visible.

5. cagemo

cagemo Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I wish the Prius came in a dark metallic blue. I like Seaside, but think the Prius looks best in dark colors. I went with black, and IMHO it pulls all the black trim pieces and lines together. Plus the extra gas savings you get with black :D

6. billyboy

billyboy Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusRos @ Oct 2 2006, 11:49 PM) [snapback]327180[/snapback]</div>

Once I was snaking my way through a McDonald's drive through line. Some moron rear ended me hard enough that I got out expecting to see damage. Wasn't, but as I was approaching he turned ten different shades of red and kept saying sorry, sorry. My car was bright red. LOL!

7. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pirateprius @ Sep 29 2006, 03:22 PM) [snapback]325796[/snapback]</div>
    What's that saying? Once you go black, you'll never go back? :eek: :eek: :D