1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seaside Pearl, #7, 04/24/04, Denver, CO

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by cnetter, Jul 1, 2004.

1. pandahugs

pandahugs New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Wow. I thought some of the stuff I heard was hype. I started looking almost two weeks ago, found a Driftwood #7 for less than MSRP 2 hours out of town, but was on vacation before the guy called me back. Sold while I was on vacation last week, but got an e-mail four days ago (while still on vacation) from another dealership telling me that had two #7s that weren't sold. I went in Monday to test drive it. I never thought I'd pay list, so I told him I'd have to think it over. Called around some more... heard about the long waits (4-12mos), one dealership said straight out that they charge $5000 above MSRP. I decided to pay list (plus some bogus "inspection" fee of a few hundred) and have my Seaside Pearl #7... bought yesterday. You have good taste. The Seaside is very nice. [font=Tahoma:8928ffaa54] [/font:8928ffaa54]

2. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Wow, Panda... would you care to say where these finds are... I am sure that some people might want in on the 'gold mine' that you have found.. Glad you got the Seaside and know you will love the Prius like the other owners.. keep in touch.. it will take a few days to get over the grin factor..

Bob Andersen

3. pandahugs

pandahugs New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    After I posted, I did think of mentioning location, but everyone in this thread appears to be out West.

I'm in Atlanta, Georgia area. Purchased at Sandy Springs Toyota. Last I checked, there's a Driftwood #7 on the lot for sale. I got the entire schpiel (sp?) about how they don't know how a manager approved the price (offer was the day before and that manager was off when I returned to purchase) without the $4000 markup. And got the "we had someone in yesterday that was willing to pay the additional $4000... yeah, so why didn't he?). I offered to let them sell it to someone else... twice. I had already had some frustrations at this place about this purchase. I am of course pleased to have the Prius. Totally sweet.

Dealership in Warner Robbins, GA was super nice to talk to and only has a waiting list of 3. If I hadn't purchased one yesterday, I'd have gone on their list. They charge list.

Everyone around here appears to charge list except Mall of Georgia Toyota. They straight out told me that they charge $5000 over list.

4. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Thanks, Panda... I am not sure that the thread is confined to an area... but you might look at clubs in Atlanta or GA... not sure that there are any...but share your find there as well...

I opened a Denny's Restaurant in Decatur, on Candler Road.. a long time ago.. Lived all over the city in the five years of being a Georgin... as well as hanging out in the other six Denny's at the time....

Have fun with your new car..

Bob Andersen

5. cnetter

cnetter New Member

Chris, we're neighbors... if you go into the 'wants'.. call me and I'll let you drive mine around the block...

Bob[/quote]

Thanks Bob, I'll keep that in mind if I start to develop the shakes or anything :lol:

What amazes me is the speed that I'm moving down the list. Either people are dropping off of Stevensen's list or their getting in 30+ Prii a month right now. Probably a little of both factors. But whatever the reason, it works for me.

Chris

6. cnetter

cnetter New Member

At the risk of sounding like a kid at Christmas ....

[align=center:c13e622b61] :clap: I'M GETTING MY CAR TOMORROW !!!!!!!!!!! :clap: [/align:c13e622b61]

For those who are tracking how long it takes to get a Prius, this isn't the car I ordered in April. That story is here.

This is the car that Kent Cochran tracked down for me less than a month ago. Yea Kent!

Oh, the rental, from the above story, that Kent got for me ...

... a 2004 Silver Prius!!!

Chris

7. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    WOO-HOO...Chris...CONGRATS....

Thanks to Kent for giving you what is going to be one of the best Christmas presents you may ever get..

Bob Andersen

8. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Chris... make sure the dealership comes up on the NAV screen... Waaaaaa, drove thru Greeley last week and my NAV would not give me a local dealer... was kind of in a hurry to get back home so didn't drive around, saw another Ehrlich dealership but not the Toyota dealership..

9. cnetter

cnetter New Member

Bob,

Oops, forgot to update the #7 to a #4. That's a 2004-#7, but due to inflation (or deflation, whatever) it's a 2005-#4. It's the AM package..

Either way, no NAV. I rarely get lost . Mainly because people are always telling me where to go. :lol:

Chris

10. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I understand, and Jake Plumer was just showing everyone he's #1 :lol:

no mater if it's a #4 or a #7.. has NAV or not.. it's a Prius and you'll have a lot of fun with it... remember if you see me...WAVE!!!!