1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seaside Pearl, AM (#7), Jan 25, Portland, OR

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by eklabbers, Feb 4, 2004.

1. gwilliams

gwilliams New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Ken,

Out of curiosity, what on http://www.toyofuji.co.jp/english/haisen/haise_f.html indicates that there are Prii on board?

Just curious,
    Glenn

2. kjb516

kjb516 New Member

Glenn,

Nothing that I am aware of. All that I know is that the ships listed (under the "North American Line" link) are all car carriers used by Toyota.

Being in the unique situation of living in Portland, having our Toyota automobiles being shipped into Portland and having an outstanding order with a dealer here in Portland, I have seen far more Prii on the dealer's lots the day after one of these ships arrive here. I'm assuming that Toyota is using multiple shipping companies as my car is to be arriving on a date other than the arrival dates on this web site.

Sure wish I knew more than that,

-Ken

3. gwilliams

gwilliams New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Ken,

Thanks for the info. I was hoping there was some missing link (sic) that would link ships to Prii. :)

Too much Prius optimism I guess.
    Glenn

4. eklabbers

eklabbers New Member

Thanks for the link again, Ken, I lost it. But like you said, it looks like they are using more than one shipping company because how else can they arrive in Portland on dates that are not on that website.

So you think that it only takes them a day to get the cars that go to Portland at the dealers? My boyfriend and I have a bet going. He says I won't get my car before July 2, due to the fact that they have to sort out where all the cars are going that are coming off the boat and the fact that they have to check the car at the dealer's and such. I say I get it before then, maybe even Monday. We'll see who is right ;-).

Esther

5. JJay

JJay New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    After the dealer gets it they have to prep it, too. They usually quote 2 days at the dealer for prep after it comes off the truck. :-(

6. eklabbers

eklabbers New Member

I got it!!!

I got the call yesterday and went to pick up my Bruce in the evening at Broadway Toyota in Portland, OR. I have to give them props for the way they handled everything. They delivered as promised at MSRP, no haggling. It was a long wait (5 months and 1 week, but it felt longer as I didn't have a car the last two months), but finally it's here. I'm so excited!!!! Jerry Rousselle, the fleet manager, has been very helpful in answering me every time I called, which was about once a month, and in the end he really tried hard to get me the car I wanted. Although I set out to get a Seaside #7, I widened my options to reduce the wait, and now I'm the proud owner of a Tideland #9, that will go by the name of Bruce, after the shark in Finding Nemo ("Fish are friends, not food!"). Of course they did try to sell me the prepaid maintenance package for $870 and the extended warranty for about $1600. They said I'd get the whole amount back if I didn't use it, but I declined both, figuring I can always buy the extended warranty later. I financed through Portland Teachers Credit Union at 4.29%.

One interesting problem, when we picked it up the NAV said we were in Washington DC and nobody could figure out how to fix it. There was one button on the screen that would allow us to change the location, but that button was greyed out. We did mark our home address. Later in the evening, me and my boyfriend went to the garage to see if we couldn't figure it out, and lo and behold, it worked fine, marking us right at our house. My guess is, it needed a reboot just like M$ Windows needs a reboot every time you install a program. Of course we had to take him for a spin then to test it out. Haven't tested out the voice navigation yet.

I drove it into work today, and got an average MPG of 42.6 (it's a 15 mile commute, with some city and some hway driving), which I think is not bad for the first day. I'm sure it'll go up as I get used to driving it.

Esther

7. kjb516

kjb516 New Member

Congratulations Esther! You'll soon forget about the long wait (if you haven't already)!

After my first round trip commute through Portland, I'M SOLD on this car! I achieved 55 mpg on my morning commute (mostly highway speeds) and 50 mpg on the much slower trip home. It was odd to watch my mpg begin climbing once I hit the worst congestion of my commute.