1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seat comfort

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by BadD, Sep 2, 2006.

1. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Did not like sitting on the bare seat foam shown in post 97, and the seat covers did not work out - they make a small seat feel smaller.

Luckily, the foam fit into a pillowcase. Cut a little more out of side bolster area, then stitched around foam edges.

050705 062.jpg

I looked around a 'Relax the Back' store for foam with this kind of shape - nothing. Everything else has lots of foam in the back portion. Mine has 1/4" foam to avoid sitting up higher in car.

They did have a self inflating pillow for $40 + tax. I might end up fidgeting with something just on front of seat.

Once on this T-shape wedge, no fidgeting.

So, if you have really long legs not in contact with front portion of the seat, here's an idea for about $20 and some effort.

2. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    epop23,
    I was wondering if this fix is still working out well for you. Are the brackets holding up well?

3. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Mine's in shop for seat remount 3 - 3.5" back. Will post pics in few days.

Can't wait to be comfortable for the first time driving this Prius.

4. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats.

Looking forward to your review (please also mention the shop and price, as I'm sure that there are more than a few PriusChatters in your area that would also like to do the same modification).

Will you also be doing that height/tilt adjustment modification using Corolla seat parts?

5. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Will do.

I'll see if the handle addition is necessary or even doable after the mount mod.

6. MERIDIAN

MERIDIAN Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi everyone,
    I'm 6'2" and needed more height in the seat front(tilt).
    Here's my cheap fix without having to use the Frank Costanza wedge.
    Remove one front seat mounting bolt
    Bring the bolt to the auto parts store and get two of the same but one and a half inches long.P/u about a dozen washers for these while your there.
    Remove the other three bolts
    Stack desired amt. of washers under the front seat brackets and one on top of the bracket.
    Catch new front (longer bolts)but do not tighten.
    Catch and tighten rear bolts,tighten front bolts,your done!
    You may have a fight catching the bolts but it's worth it.If you don't feel you want to do it,bring it to a mechanic and explain what you want to do. Here's my car after the 10 minute job. enjoy-Glenn;)

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  7. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    A pillow like the Gray one for resting lower leg - not bad at all.

3 months and still using the blue custom seat cushion. Much preferred over the bare seat.

IM002462.jpg

8. brad_rules_man

brad_rules_man Hybrid electric revolutionizer

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Do be mindful of the airbags too! I believe there are airbags in the seats.

9. blippo

blippo New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have found driving mine I tilt it back one notch and it made all the difference in the world with my comfort. Sitting too straight up and down my back was hurting

10. chuckwagon

chuckwagon Junior Member

I have a 2004 and a 2009 Prius. The 2004 has cloth seats, the 2009 leather. The 2004 is fine. The 2009 I can drive only about 50 miles before I have excruciating pain in my right thigh. I have been able to make it tolerable by sitting on one of those miracle foam pads for wheelchairs, available at Walgreens, but I am sitting very high, and it's difficult getting into the car without scraping my head. Still, I have seen no better fix. I am thinking of trading it in. Why is the problem in the 09 and not the 04? My wife says she feels the right side of the driver seat is higher, putting pressure on the right leg.