1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seat comfort?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by pjo1966, Sep 3, 2004.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    yes, this was discussed and its each ones call. if you have side air bags (i do not, but not really looking for another seat) then they would not be usuable after seat replacement.

i guess the question is, do the airbags have separate sensors that detect side collisions that would be affected if part of the system is removed?

even with seat replacement, side curtains would still be available and i dont see why they wouldnt work.

another thing you might look into, my sis told me about, is that they have seat adjuster pads that are similiar to car seats except that they only provide back and leg support. although most of what she is familiar with caters to real short people, there are products for very tall people too. most center on enhancing circulation in the lower back and legs. ( sounds like those massage ball chair covers that were popular back in the 80's??)

unfortunately, there is no website to look at this stuff so i asked her for a brousure and they dont have one per se, but she was going to copy a few pages out of her service manual pricing page.

2. tms13

tms13 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Business Ed. Plus
    Generally within Britain - North Wales is about 4 hours each way, as is the Yorkshire Dales. Lake District 5 or so, Scottish Highlands 10 or more depending exactly where. Add extra if traffic is bad, though I know some good routes, and it's usually quiet enough by 7 or 8 in the evening.

The furthest I've been for a weekend was to Skye in my previous car - at 12 hours each way, I spent more time in the car than I did climbing! Next time I do that, I'm taking Friday and/or Monday off work.

3. Gurmail

Gurmail Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    How lucky. I can't wait to visit the UK again, probably in Dec.

4. Ken Cooper

Ken Cooper New Member

I'm 6'2" and take two to three 3,000 mile trips per year (2 so far since owning my Prius). Previous cars (Audi & Saab) had lumbar supports and very adjustable seats. On a day-to-day basis the Prius seats seem no more comfortable than those on previous cars. But that's not the way I prefer to grade the seats. I prefer to grade them on how my body feels after long days of driving.

Envelope please.

The winner is the 2004 Prius.

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok, speak up now if anyone's actually unbolted the front of the driver's seat and added some lift/washers? I kinda poo-poo'd the idea thinking it would be a pain to get to. But the other day I looked down and realized how accessible those front two bolts actually are.

It would be easy to add an inch of lift with longer bolts and maybe I could get rid of my little cushion I'm using.

I'd sure like to hear from someone that's actually done it though, to make sure there are no suprises I need to be aware of.

6. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i havent tried it, but it does sound like something worth trying

7. swepri

swepri New Member

Beware, there is an airbag sensor located on the left side of the driver seat, at least on the European version. I'm not sure how the mod will affect that sensor. Probably not at all, but since it is locatad near the bottom rail it might be worth checking out.

The repair manual also says that the power should be disconnected and you should wait at least 90 seconds after that before messing with the seat.

/Paj

8. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Thanks for pointing that out. I've never had side air bags and think nothing of whipping out the socket wrench and unbolting the shotgun seat in my current car when I need more space.