1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seat Covers for 2008 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by pooksnook7, Nov 5, 2007.

1. zeeman

zeeman Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    the dealer wanted way over $ 300!

maybe i'll try another dealer.

2. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't own them but heard good initial reviews about them. I hope they work out, and don't shed endlessly like was edthefox's experience.

3. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Yeah, when I got my GT covers at the dealer, it was closer to $200 ($99 for front and $99 for the rear).

4. zeeman

zeeman Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

now, that is a reasonable price!
    was is velour type?

5. zeeman

zeeman Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    i got covers today and i already installed them.

for $ 70.00 total price with shipping the covers are really good deal, but we will see how long they will last. BTW, the seats are cloth type and color matches perfectly with interior.

important thing is to protect the seats, and there are also openings on front seats for side airbags, so this is another even more important thing.

it took me about hour to install them, thanks to help of my son, and help of the people on this forum who gave me the info on how to take rear cushion seat out.
    the only thing is i kind of just tucked in flaps on front seats, rear end of bottom piece and bottom end of backrest piece as there is no gap between bottom and back parts of the front seat, so i cannot pull in the straps between.

what is the trick to make those ends tight?

thanks again to all of you.

6. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi zeeman,

1. I don't have my car in front of me now, but if I remember correctly, there is a gap between the back and bottom of the front seats. The OEM seat back fabric narrows to a flap that extends underneath the seat bottom and hooks onto the grid of seat bottom wires/springs. So go underneath the seat from the rear and unhook the flap. After you've tucked in and tightened the straps of your new seat covers, you then re-hook that flap of the OEM seat back fabric onto those seat bottom wires/springs. Am I making sense?

2. You can also try PM'ing or emailing Mojo who successfully installed his/her exactseatcovers over a year ago. See Mojo's posts here:

http://priuschat.com/forums/prius-main-forum/38922-prius-seat-covers-2.html

Good luck.

7. xsmatt81

xsmatt81 non-AARP Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    i bought the exact seat covers, but have not put them on yet..kinda of a pain!

one day ill get out and get em on...but it's not a quick job..jsut be warned. They however look nice

8. mlouise

mlouise New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    These look very nice in the MicroFiber and the Velour . We have a dog so I'm looking at the Waterproof for the back seat where she normally rides with her owner, but concerned about comfort for people sitting on Waterproof- Do they "breathe"? How are they in hot weather.

I looked at the installation instructions and they mention unbolting front seats. Was the installation at all a challenge for you?