1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seat Covers -- Would like your real world experiences...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by cdherman, Oct 13, 2012.

1. cdherman

cdherman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have a 2011 Prius. The seats are OK at this point, but my new Leaf will become my driver and the Prius will see more duty with kids. So danger of damage will go up.

The kids are beyond stupid spills age, so please don't recomend Wetokole. If I wanted a skinsuit, sure. But the feel of neopreme is not desired. And leather is not where I am at either.

But some decent covers, custom made is OK, or even just something you got from Amazon and were pleased with.

Help me please! Tried searches here and in acc forum and was disappointed...

Thanks in Advance

2. Metalman

Metalman Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Why bother putting seat covers on your Prius? Teach the kids to behave in the car. Cover them (the seats, not the kids) when they get damaged.

3. kenmce

kenmce High Voltage Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    I have a full set of GT Covers Exact Fit Seat Covers in Cordura (they call it Endura). I picked them because I thought they would be robust. I have had them for six years. They have a thin under layer of foam to help them stay in place. The front seats fit well but the rear never has. I actually pulled until I tore the fabric but could not get it to sit right. They are better than nothing but tend to fail on the seams. The rear seatback cover leaves about a 6" gap all along the base of the seats when they are folded down, and this strip is now a different color than the protected part. The front driver cover has a long tear along the seam where you enter, the back bench parted on the seam when I knelt on it, The rear upright is torn from my heaving on it and I forget what holed the front console cover, I think it was a pencil or something(?)

I'm now looking for covers for my next car and will buy something else.

4. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The word here is Clazzios are one of the best brands to go over your seats, 'cause the quality is good for the price and they fit very well. They make real and imitation leather in the seating area.

Isn't it better to cover them when looking new, then when it's time to sell, boom, off come the covers to reveal nice looking OEM seats .... sell to private party at higher price. that's my plan.