1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seat Covers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by skruse, Mar 6, 2005.

1. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    With an eye toward preventative maintenance, I purchased and received exact fit Velour GT blue gray seat covers (www.gtcovers.com, [email protected]), Aurora CO. You must be patient to put them on, but the results are very good. Total time to put on front and rear seat covers: 1 to 2 hours. Enclosed instructions are minimal, but patience and "reading the vehicle interior" shows you where things go.

There are adequate straps to secure the bottoms. Back seams and ends are secured by velcro. The rear seat was the most difficult. I had to remove, apply and reinstall the rear seat bottom - very straight forward. Openings for release buttons, seat belts, head rests, etc. are well placed and seams are secured with stitched matching color twill tape. I had to remove and reinstall the right rear center seat belt bolt (to thread it around the seat cover).

Covers are provided for the two rear side panels (one on the right below the vent, the other on the left). Matching covers are provided for the rear center fold-down arm, the front center console, the three rear and two front head rests. The front seats have pockets at the front, sides and rear. These seat covers are intentionally designed to accomodate the side air bags.

Total cost with shipping $282.09 ($22.19 shipping). No sales tax. Aesthetics: looking at the interior it does not appear there are seat covers. The blue gray color is an excellent match for the interior.

The noise level is a touch quieter and am more confident in preventing inadvertent soiling of the interior. A well designed and constructed product.