1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seat height...

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by TwoBear, Mar 6, 2012.

1. TwoBear

TwoBear New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I'm curious about the seat height in the Prius C - specifically on the passenger's side. When we were at the auto show we tried out several small cars, and my significant other had trouble getting in and out of most of them because of an arthritic knee. The C was locked, so you couldn't test it out. A low and non-adjustable passenger seat would be a deal killer for us... I currently have a Yaris, and that sits fairly high. The Fit, Accent, and Rio were all too low. :(

Oh the other hand, the car that fit him the best of those we tried was actually the smallest - the Scion iQ. The high seats and upright position, combined with a big door, worked just fine for him. Go figure...

2. TwoBear

TwoBear New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    No one has any information on the seat height on the C? Anything comparing it to other cars in the class - Accent, Rio, Fit, Yaris - would be especially helpful...

3. jhknight

jhknight Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yep, the passenger seat height on Prius C will be too high for tall people. I found that out today on a test drive. The car we drove had an adjustable height driver's seat which I lowered and was able to get very comfortable. However when my 6'2"+ self sat my butt in the shotgun I had to ride with my head uncomfortably tilted due to the ride height which put my head against the door frame, felt very high compared to my 2002 Prius. If a tall passenger seat is what you're looking for Prius C has it.

1 person likes this.