1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seat Swap

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Merquin77, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Merquin77

Merquin77 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I have a quick question:

So in 2015, the Prius v (lowercase) had the option of an 8 way power seat. My question is, would that fit in my 2012 v? Specifically, is the bolt pattern the same? Haven't called the dealer yet, but I figured I would try here first.

Thanks!

2. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    if they do fit mechanically, there are the airbag and seat heater harnesses to worry about, and how will you power them?

3. Merquin77

Merquin77 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Well I would have to run wiring or pay someone else, but I'm concerned if they will fit first.

4. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    You may also want to consider the issue of whether a seat swap will allow Toyota to walk away from any liability in the case of an injury accident.

5. Offline

Offline Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Take a tape measure to a Toyota dealer and do some measuring. If the 2015-up seats will bolt in, it shouldn't be an overwhelming task to run wires to power them although it will take some inventiveness. It would be a different story if the 2015-up seats had a memory feature that requires one or more ECU's.

Using a tape measure was how I determined that Scion IQ signal mirror covers would fit our Prius v. I parked our Prius by an IQ at a Tpupta dealership and measured the mirrors on both cars. You should be able to do the same with the seats.

The front seats in our 2012 Prius v Five are my number 1 gripe. I can't begin to get comfortable in the manual 6-way adjustable driver seat of our 2012 Prius v but I can adjust the 8-way adjustable power driver seat in the 2015-up Prius v to fit me reasonably well. The 4-way adjustable power front passenger seat in the 2015-up Prius v is just as bad as the 4-way manually adjustable front passenger seat in our 2012.

Frankly, if you like your 2012 Prius v that much, I think you should consider exchanging it for a 2015-2017 that already has power front seats and improved crash worthiness and step up to a "Five" that has the improved version of the LED headlights and the Advanced Technology Package with PCS, DRCC and Auto High Beam.

PvPDX likes this.
  6. Merquin77

Merquin77 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I talked to the parts guy at my local dealership and it looks like the 15 seat will fit in if I can find one. :)