1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seatcovers and airbags

Discussion in 'Prime Accessories and Modifications' started by Billy sharpstick, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Billy sharpstick

Billy sharpstick Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Prime Premium 2019 - I want to put seatcovers on the front seats. I am concerned about restricting the airbags. There is an embossed "SRS Airbag" on the plastic trim at the base by the seat. I am assuming that the seam that looks like a zipper is where the airbags deploy. If I cut and seam an opening over that area on the seatcover, I think that should work. I can put light tack stitches or sew in some battens on either side to hold the shape. Do I need to consult a lawyer to do this?!

2. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Lawyer??? No I don't think so, as long as you are doing it at your own risk on your own car.

On the other hand, if you do this, and you get injured after an accident because the airbag did not deploy correctly, and you still want to sue Toyota or the seat cover manufacturer, then, yes, you should consult very shrewd lawyer then. LOL

#2 Salamander_King, Sep 17, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2019