1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seats

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by PetersPrius, Nov 13, 2006.

1. PetersPrius

PetersPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Would a drivers[or pass.] seat from another Toyota car be interchangable with the Prius seat that most of us complain about?

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I understand that it can be done, but it's not a simple switch.

3. silentak1

silentak1 Since 2005

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    It's possible, but you first have to make sure the other seat physically fits in the Prius and that there is enough clearance to slide fwd/bwd and space for the side airbag. Secondly, you will probably have to transfer the Prius seat rails to the "new" seat unless you are some hardcore techie and want to make your own.

The biggest safety concern (and question) is whether the side airbags would work. There is a plug that connects to the bottom of the seat and that is what signals the side airbag. From previous experience, every time someone would swap seats (same manufacturer, different model) the plug DOES plug in, but the "SRS" or airbag signal lights up on the dash. Even resetting the ECU does not make this go away permanently.

Does it mean that the side air bag will not work? I'm not sure. I think the ECU acknowledges that it is not a Prius-specific side airbag and therefore lights up the warning light so you could pay a heavy visit to a dealer.

4. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PetersPrius @ Nov 13 2006, 01:36 PM) [snapback]348428[/snapback]</div>
    A search on "seat" shows that someone has done it.

http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=22855&hl=seat