1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Second IPCC Report

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by livelychick, Apr 1, 2007.

1. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17889856/

I think what makes me so monumentally concerned about these reports is my son. What's his life gonna be like in 50 years?

I like the quote at the end...this is where we're heading, but we all hope we won't be so stupid. If the US (richest country--minus some Mid-east ones; sense the irony) can't seem to be a beacon of curbing CO2 emissions, I don't know how we expect other industrial countries (like China and India) to do it, either.

2. Mirza

Mirza New Member

Don't buy into the media hype lively! They just want you to sucker into BIG government and greedy evil money laundering scientists! If they're even right, global climate disruption is a GOOD thing! Who needs polar bears or the thousands of other species we've decimated, and will decimate? It's not like we're ecologically connected to them! We can survive off of homogenous populations of chickens and their anti-biotic resistant parasitic pals! Hey and if worst comes to worst, we can outdo the great wall of china! Nevermind New Orleans, that was just a fluke!

3. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Apr 1 2007, 05:15 PM) [snapback]416077[/snapback]</div>
    Wait...is this the speak like a Republican thread? :)

(BTW--Having lived in Bluefield for a nice chunk of my life, where in WV are you from?)

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yeah, I agree. It's all scientific hype. They're all greedy. Most scientists die filthy rich from fear-mongering and exploiting money: Copernicus, Einstein, Newton, Rosland Franklin, Marie Curie, etc.

5. SSimon

SSimon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Mmmm hmmm, me too. As lay persons, we are more than equipped to sit around with our friends, family and the residents on our favorite chat site to discuss and debunk any climate scientist's collaborative and individual data and their resulting conclusions.

Resulting from my own activity on this level, I've found we have absolutely nothing to worry about. One example is that as our food pollinators go extinct, this lay person has developed a robot to effectively pollinate all of our food sources. The robot uses vast amounts of energy to pollinate the millions of acres, but as we've all realized, no worries. Go on about your lives, consume and enjoy!