1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

second prius picked up

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by IMHYBRID, Jan 18, 2006.

1. IMHYBRID

IMHYBRID New Member

We got our second prius last night. I can say that the dealer experience was quite good for a change as I hate dealers. I would buy again from washington toyota in washington pa. we got a barcelona red and are going to order a clear bra. we were wondering if anyone knows if they have color matching mudguards?

2. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I only see them in black.

3. IMHYBRID

IMHYBRID New Member

scottyy are they molded ?

4. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Yes. I posted the instruction before in another thread regarding this. Let me try to find it. Ok, here http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=1...22&#entry187322

Again, drilling require. But you are driling on plastic. So don't worry about rusting.

5. IMHYBRID

IMHYBRID New Member

thanks the picture helped. what color and year is your prius

6. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    See my sign ;)
    Also a pic in my profile. But that's before I install the mudflaps tho.

7. IMHYBRID

IMHYBRID New Member

nice car nice to see younger owners not that I am old at 42 but most owners seem older than I am. Again thanks

8. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    That's what this forum is for, helping each other out!

Actually, I got more older ppl ask me about the car then younger ppl. But I sure can't afford two like you do. I wish I can get my gf a Prius, but she loves her Corolla. :rolleyes: (no offense to corolla owners).

9. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    there are a few younger folks around here. (i'm 23 and DH is 27...) :)

10. IMHYBRID

IMHYBRID New Member

my wife and I always drive our cars to the junk and along the way we save for a new car. It takes time and if your gf's corolla is still good then start saving. My car that I replaced was a 91 ranger truck with 185000 miles and major rust. I bought it new and it served me well.

11. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    On the previous PriusChat site, which had a much larger and easier to access photo section, there was a picture of a Driftwood with painted mud flaps.

The person had them custom painted at a Toyota body shop so the color was an exact match, and with flexible paint, like the bumpers. He only had the back painted since rocks and debris would be striking the side close to the wheels. It seemed odd looking to me, black on one side and Driftwood on the other.

He also had the black plastic "skirts" in the back painted. I thought it made the rear of the car look bulgy. Black just sort of disappears.