1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Secret compartment!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by WNY-HYBRID, May 27, 2014.

1. KhaPhoRa

KhaPhoRa Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Ha!! I found it when I first bought it and completely forgot about it until I saw this post! Thank you!

Data Daedalus likes this.
  2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I hate secret compartments, many times I forget I have things in there when I sell the car

SM-N900P ?

3. Data Daedalus

Data Daedalus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    That's one of the reasons why it deserves the "Secret Compartment" title. Even owners like me stock it with important items (interior dusting cloth, emergency tissues), and then forget it's there for MONTHS on end...hahahaha!!! ;)

Daves09prius likes this.
  4. Daves09prius

Daves09prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    One
    This is one of many things I wish my Gen II had! Sorry that you don't like it... I wish my interior looked like that!

5. WNY-HYBRID

WNY-HYBRID Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, it's not that bad :) I like them all. ( I just got a really good deal on the II)

6. JasonGoalie34

JasonGoalie34 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Maybe "secret" isn't the right word. But "Darn well concealed" might be. If your average smash & grab thug chose your Prius, what are the chances he even knows to even look there with the 10-20 seconds he's got to grab your valuables?

Then again, maybe there's another thug out there who KNOWS about the compartment, and specifically targets Priuses knowing there could be valuables in there.

#Devil'sAdvocate
    #HorrorStories

7. WNY-HYBRID

WNY-HYBRID Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Mines full of razor blades. For the thief who knows it's there :eek:

Data Daedalus and JasonGoalie34 like this.
  8. JasonGoalie34

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey, c'mon, I said "don't like." As in... "It's not my personal favorite, I wouldn't have designed it that way."

I by no means meant to convey "scathing hatred" nor "the console is so bad that it would prevent me from buying a Gen III Prius."

Personal preference, that's all. I do like the Prius c setup, for the record. More classic and predictable.

[​IMG]

9. WNY-HYBRID

WNY-HYBRID Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What's funny, I hear everyone talking about their cars being broken into. My car literally has nothing in it. Owners manual, floor mats and sunglasses in the "secret" (lol) sunglass compartment. I don't even have a cargo concealer in it, because I want it to be known its empty.

I do however have a "LoJack" system I made and installed, so it would be fun catch someone who stole the entire car.

10. WNY-HYBRID

WNY-HYBRID Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

We actually test drove a "C". I didn't like it at all. Too small. Felt more like a ford focus than a Toyota. I defiantly don't like the center shifter, and the seats were tacky. Drove the plugin as well. Very nice. I'll definitely be buying one when my wife needs a new car. ( and I'll steal it whenever possible, lol)

11. JasonGoalie34

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was referring exclusively to the interior, but yes, there have been many complaints about the c's drivability. It's more like a go cart and less like a turn-your-brain-off cruiser like the standard Prius is. Certainly not for everyone.

12. R-P

R-P Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I often think so, but the wife seems to disagree... :) It was simply a case of fiddling with the cupholders and the large compartment and missing a chunck of space. Large-armrest compartment + cupholder 1 and 2 does not equal all space occupied by entire armrest-assembly. Same goes in a much more extreme version for the Prius Plus (or V as you call it) armrest-assembly, but there we all know it is because of the lithium battery...

Just gently pull on both lids in an upward motion. Beware of the bridge/ridge that runs UNDER the drawer of the secret compartment.

Can you say "YUCK"???
    [​IMG]
    I have to run a long extension cord to get to it with a vacuum cleaner:eek:, otherwise I would have cleaned this the minute I noticed this...

PriusC_Commuter likes this.
  13. WNY-HYBRID

WNY-HYBRID Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ahhhhhh!!!!!!