1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

security films for safe windows

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Michael M Perez, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Michael M Perez

Michael M Perez New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    ----Canada----
    Having security films on our windows seems to strengthen our glass and helps them from shattering . I read this and more in a blog at protection Plus a commerical security solutions. What are their disadvantages? Do I need to invest in it?

2. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have no experience with this. Having had my car broken into in the past, when a thief wants to break in, he will, by any means necessary. So, if he can't break the glass where it is parked, he will jump it and move to where he can.

BruceInOKC likes this.
  3. BruceInOKC

BruceInOKC Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Security film would help against the typical "smash and grab," but it won't stop a thief from using a Slim Jim to open the door. That doesn't mean the security film is a bad idea if you're worried about it. Whether you get the film or not, one of the best security practices is to never leave anything valuable out in plain sight: cash, jewelry, iPhones, laptops, briefcases, luggage, etc.