1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Security system and locking/unlocking of doors

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Rodney O, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Rodney O

Rodney O Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    May I please ask for some assistance. I bought a 2007 Prius and it doesn't have an owners manual. I have the top line smart key security system. Can anyone detail out what all of the features are? At one time when I walked up to the drivers door at night the lights would come on before I even opened the door. After I took it to Toyota and they ran a diagnostic test on it the feature of interior lights coming on automatically when approaching the vehicle no longer works.The black key pads on the doors and rear hatch now seem to do nothing????? Could they have accidentally shut off some features?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Rod

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    the system is called sks, there is a switch under the dash below the steering wheel, they might have shut it off. if not, perhaps your fob battery or 12 volt are low.

3. Rodney O

Rodney O Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks, the key fob will unlock the doors, set off panic alarm from quite a distance but have never changed it so I will put in a new battery hoping that does the trick.

Thanks,

Rod

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    if it will unlock the doors by pushing the button on the fob, but not by touching the black button on the door, the switch is probably off. check that before changing batteries.

5. Rodney O

Rodney O Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks.......I made sure the switch was on and then changed that battery. That magically fixed it. Thanks again........

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    pleasure.