1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Security

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Rodney O, May 29, 2015.

1. Rodney O

Rodney O Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2007 Prius with security and navigation. I now have both horns working and cannot figure out how to get the car to sound the alert when you push the button to lock the doors. When I walk away I want to hear more than just the click of the doors locking and cannot figure out how to make the horn beep when I lock the doors. Is there a setting that I can fix and work on myself or do I have to pay the dealer to do it. Thanks

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Are you the original owner? If not, the car might have been customized not to make that sound. You can (try) to reset the car by unplugging the 12v battery negative for a few seconds. Once reset, all the custom settings should return to default.

You would need to reset the radio and auto roll down window function on the driver's side.

3. Rodney O

Rodney O Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks so much. I'll give that a try

4. tanglefoot

tanglefoot Whee!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The default sound from the factory is not from the horn, but from a smaller, electronic beeper. One beep for lock, two beeps for unlock.