1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seeking advice on care of hybrid battery

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Chodronish, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Chodronish

Chodronish Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    That's what I thought. So @bisco you would recommend balancing via something like the Prolong charger/discharger?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    see my post #4, and if you have more questions, fire away.

Chodronish likes this.
  3. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thats amazing there not showing any signs of age after 11 years especially the way there maintained. Mostly short trips are hard on any battery. Don't touch them there magical.

4. Chodronish

Chodronish Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Well ed, I've never driven anything newer than an 07, so perhaps I don't have a good reference point. I bought my first Prius as an 07 in 2012. I was just saying that according to what I read on the Prolong Battery site, they are not showing those signs. As far as how they are maintained, they both were one owner vehicles with good service records, low miles, and are garaged. They do take short trips, which is not good I understand, but I'm not going to drive around in circles for half and hour to extend my commute. On the other hand, they have never been owned in areas of the country that get hot or have a lot of hills, mountains, etc.

Sadly, they are owned in a part of the country that gets very cold, and ironically, when I left after my prior post to go to my office, I found that the 12V battery was dead! Now I'll be starting a new thread about that. :cry:

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    my daughters '08 w/ 100k shows no signs of aging in mpg's, or the battery meter. the batteries do last longer in the north.

Chodronish likes this.