1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Seeking Advice: Used Prius with openable moonroof

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by ABarnam24, Jul 8, 2024.

1. ABarnam24

ABarnam24 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello dear forum!

You have come up many times in my searches, but I have not found answers to this particular question.
    So I've made an account properly and here I am. Thank you for all the information here!

I would like a used prius with an openable moonroof.
    Could be any type of prius: prius, prius v, prius prime, or prius c.
    At first I was set on the prius v, only to find the moonroofs are all fixed to my knowledge

How on earth do I find which years/models/trim levels have an openable moonroof as an option?

Hopefully having this information will help me find the used prius of my dreams!

Amira

2. ABarnam24

ABarnam24 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Also, I can't figure out how to edit my thread! But I also meant to ask -- is this even the right forum to post this in?

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello and welcome to PriusChat!

This forum is fine given you’re asking about multiple generations.

The Prius c was available with a moonroof. IIRC, it’s was on the Three and Four trim levels as an option.

For the regular Prius Liftback, a solar panel moonroof was offered on the Gen 3 (2010-2015 MY). It came with a regular glass roof in the front half of the roof and a solar panel in the back half. It was available on the Three and Four trim level as a “Solar Roof Package” or “Deluxe Solar Roof Package”.

A regular moonroof is offered on the Gen 4 Prius on the higher trim levels as an option.

A tilt/slide moonroof is not available on the Prime.

ABarnam24 likes this.
  4. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

Shown as available on Prius c Three and Four trims

Tideland Prius and ABarnam24 like this.
  5. ABarnam24

ABarnam24 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    This is so helpful, ty!! Now I know the language tilt/slide. That's what I want!

I take your post to mean both the Prius c and Gen 4 Prius had regular tilt/slide moonroofs....
    Gen 3 had a solar portion... I will try to find some YouTube videos to check these out.

Does anyone have suggestions on strategies of how to find this in the used car world?
    My current strategy: I've been all over carfax and carmax.... Carfax I can't search by moonroof/sunroof.
    All suggestions welcome!

Tideland Prius likes this.
  6. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Solar Panel Moon Roof options were available on most higher trim levels as an option or package for Gen 3 years 2010 to 2015 on Prius, Prius C
    Prius V models look to me like the Solar Roof option that is currently available of the Gen 4 and Gen 5 Prius and it doesn't open to the outside..

That's the best I can figure it out, and I've had to change this post at least 4 times already

ps and slightly offtopic: The "Car Care Nut youtube channel" has an hour long video on the "Panoramic Solar Roof" explaining a possible issue and repair. It's somewhat similar to several priuschat posts regarding issues of rainwater draining and seal leaking issues with the Gen 3 solar moon roof.

#6 vvillovv, Jul 9, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2024
    ABarnam24 likes this.
  7. ABarnam24

ABarnam24 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I appreciate all your effort!! I have no idea how you even figured this out, I did lots of searches and wasn't coming up with anything.