1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

seeking axle(?) damage evaluation

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Behkho, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Behkho

Behkho New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Driving after sunset at low speed, I took a turn to loud noise and some impact. I got off to find broken asphalt pieces piled up and hit to the front-right axle (I'm not sure if it's called axle, actually). I removed the debris to the side of the road, but the damage to my car was already done.
    I'm seeking advice on the course of action; it's minor enough to be ignored, just sandpaper and some kind of anti-rust, take it to a mechanic for a real inspection, or something else? I'd appreciate your input. Thank you.

IMG_20181118_104351.jpg

2. Pluggo

Pluggo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    That's your lower control arm. It's a very tough piece of metal and looks undamaged, but you could have your alignment and both ends of the control arm checked for damage, the fork end that pivots up and down, and the end next to your wheel where the lower ball joint lives.

Behkho and Raytheeagle like this.
  3. Behkho

Behkho New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thank you! I had trouble just looking for the name of that piece. I'll look it up to study a bit more.