1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

seeking Roof storage for Gen 2

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by coyote2, Apr 16, 2023.

1. coyote2

coyote2 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I want to buy (Non-DIY) roof storage and installation for my 2005 Prius. Apparently this is complicated by that the roof lacks something.

I'm inclined towards something that mounts in a way that is harder to steal; I'm fine with having holes drilled (already had one drilled for a CB antenna I never use anymore).

Please suggest a mounting method and type of shop that would handle the job. Please also suggest a nice roof storage box this would support.

I don't mind mileage impact when optionally mounted, but would prefer a streamlined box design.

2. ColoradoCrow

ColoradoCrow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Have a THULE roof rack with the aero 400 foot pack and a Thule Adventurer cargo box. It is pretty aerodynamic but the drag is huge. I only use it twice a year on trip back to Colorado. It holds 24cu feet of cargo. I also have a hitch and rear cargo tray for extra cargo as well.
    [​IMG]looks like this....this is not my car though. picture from the web.

upload_2023-4-16_17-37-45.jpeg another pic.

Attached Files:

3. bat4255

bat4255 2017 Prius v #2 and 2008 Gen II #2

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I think the Thule is mounted backwards

4. Plaman

Plaman Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I logged onto Prius chat today to literally message @black_jmyntrn about lead times on the Prius Overlanding Roof Rack. I think the (drill to install) design is far superior to anything else out there between security, stability, and aerodynamics. I had originally placed the order a few months ago and ultimately had to cancel it until lead times improved. Hopefully Jimmy can chime in for us with an update and I can replace my order!

ColoradoCrow likes this.