1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Self parking feature is a joke

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Pleasantp, Jun 20, 2010.

1. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Now the testers use orange cones set in a predefined pattern, but back in 1970 when my brother-in-law took his test they simply found a spot on the street and had him park. He backed into a police car. Suffice to say, he didn't pass that time.

Tom

2. pakitt

pakitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    In EU, as far as I know (at least in 3 different countries) you need to know how to parallel park. You don't know that, you don't get a driver's license - end of story.

3. MariaEvri

MariaEvri Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    pararell parking is a must in drive tests here. Tests are out in the street, real life situations

4. Thai

Thai Prius Neophyte

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    When i took driving class in high school in Florida, all of these maneuvers were required.

5. AussieDave

AussieDave New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    When I did my test in the 1960s the parallel parking test was the one they used to ensure young boys failed and learnt some humility.
    Test space was on a hill, rear marker two uprights with a cross piece balanced so the slightest touch would cause it to fall. For the boys they moved the car in front to reduce the available length. On the retest they did not even bother with parallel parking.
    My father failed his first test as he forgot to take the crank handle out once he had started the car.
    Life is tough sometimes.