1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sell 1st Car (Prius) For Scion tC

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Daafin3, Apr 7, 2015.

1. silvergenII

silvergenII Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    +1 on the keep the Prius and pick up a 'track car' theme. A used tuner or similar from the 90s ought to give you the fun factor, but do you need that all the time?

iPhone ?

2. johnnyb588

johnnyb588 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    I
    The op wanted to know what we would do if we were in his shoes. I guess that's not strictly a "what's the best financial play here" inquiry, but seeing that this op seems to be a young, closer-to-being-broke-than-being-rich individual, I think finances HAVE to be part of the equation. It's irresponsible to tell someone who can't REALLY afford it to buy a more expensive vehicle than the one they already own, imo.

FYI, I have a "fun" car. I like to drive off road and hunt places a prius would never dare to go. So I bought a 99 Tacoma for $4500 and use it for "truck things" when I need it. I'm not against the concept of having a fun car. I'm against the concept of buying something I can't afford (also learned my lesson the hard way).

mmmodem likes this.
  3. kutcht1

kutcht1 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That is the nail in the head Johnny, don't buy something you can't afford to drive (insurance, fuel, maintenance). The purchase price is only $ amount a lot of people see. I learned this also with my BMW. Back in 2002 when purchased it was $49,000. It was many more dollars to maintain it every year than just monthly payments. Once payed off, all gravy. Are Scion troublesome cars? I would think they would be similar to Toyota right?
    TomK