1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sell 2007 and Buy 2013 Three?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by FLPhilbert, Apr 25, 2016.

1. cipsaz187

cipsaz187 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My wife drives the Gen 2 and I have the Gen 3. I always enjoy more driving her car than mine. I think the Gen 2 is very solid and very well built. Not too many differences between the two. I wouldn't sell the old one.

2. FLPhilbert

FLPhilbert New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So, I will look into the changes in the crash test results. I didn't realize there was a difference in the testing but did think it was odd that cars within the same generation scored differently. I'll also test drive the car of course to make sure that I like how it drives/rides compared to the gen 2. I will say that the 2016 was a nice fancy new car and obviously nice to drive in that sense, but I think it misses the mark for me in a few major ways beyond just price (no back windshield wiper until trim level three, weird dash/console, the loss of the under cargo storage (!!!)).

I obviously don't drive the Prius for gas mileage alone, though that's great of course. I like the car in general; I like how much stuff I can fit in it, I like how I am comfortable driving it, etc. There is obviously an amount of emotional attachment for me to the idea of being a Prius driver, like can be said for, say, people who buy giant trucks for no practical reason (towing, farming) other than they like trucks.

Thanks again for all the insights!

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Not exactly right on the wiper: it's only the 2Eco that omits rear wiper, the 2 has it. I agree with the rest of your list though. And to add: half the US models (I believe 2Eco, 3Touring and 4Touring) do not have a spare tire.

4. FLPhilbert

FLPhilbert New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Well, I ended up finding a 2015 two that was certified and had only 3,000 miles on it, so I went for that. It seems to drive pretty similarly to my former 2007 and I can already tell some things I like more (like being able to raise the drivers seat) and some I like less (I had the three door smart entry and now I only have the driver door is the main thing). The car is a beautiful color (sea glass pearl) and still has original warranty left. Thank you to you all for pointing out the situation with the safety rating upgrades.

The car came with Toyoguard cleaning supplies and when I was checking them out I noticed paperwork and keychains for "ToyoGuard Elite". It seems the previous owners must have purchased this package. I think this means the car was treated with a protective polymer; does anyone else have a hunch? I personally didn't buy an additional protections and I assume that the other ToyoGuard perks don't transfer to me.

Saverte, CoolPrius and Caniac like this.
  5. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    How much did the car cost? I want to sell my 2015 and want a good idea of the value

SM-N900P ?

6. Bay Stater

Bay Stater Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The Three Touring does have a spare. Only the Two Eco, Four, and Four Touring don't have a spare.;)

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  7. Bay Stater

Bay Stater Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Congratulations! She is a beauty...all the best!

8. CoolPrius

CoolPrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Great color, black wheels or tint would compliment it nicely! My car also came with the Toyoguard (Toyoguard Roadside Assistance, Oil Changes, Paint Protection). It sounds like it's just a dealer add-on package in the south east. I noticed that the windows have excellent water repellant properties. Wasn't sure if it was the Toyoguard product OR if the car comes standard with the hydrophobic (sp?) glass. Enjoy the ride.