1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Selling 2007 advice

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by silsurf, May 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. silsurf

silsurf Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    We are moving out of state (Ca) and need to sell our Black 2007 Prius with 77K. Runs great, no known issues at the moment, in very good body condition.

I would love advice on where and how to sell. I have had so many bad experiences with Craigslist in general I was hoping for another avenue.

Any advice or guidance would be appreciated.

Henry

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I want to buy it, please contact me via private message.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  3. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Hoarder:p.

4. MilkyWay

MilkyWay Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    - Local FB pages (search buy/sell/trade pages)

- offerup app (bad, lots of low ballers)

- priuschat for sale section (bad, too large of an area, the guy who would want it probably lives in Maine and you're in Cali)

- eBay motors (surprisingly very good and great candidate for a low mileage clean Prius).

Unfortunately, by far the best is craigslist. Take the maximum amount of pictures allowed after washing (24), post in multiple counties, and just a couple paragraph description. Prius people can sometimes be a little annoying to deal with.

For example, first thing out of their mouth: "How long have you owned it"....."Well, actually, I'm a dealer and...." ****CLICK!!!!!****

Or a text: "Has the hybrid battery been changed?" and if you say no they don't even respond. Brace yourself for the "has the hybrid battery been replaced" people that think if it has not it is a ticking time bomb. Ummm....most hit 250k without a problem.

I've had overall great luck with the few that I sold (all through CL). It's just getting them to come that is the hard part and dealing with the phone conversations and texts.

Then again all of the ones I sold were 160K to 210K miles....And yours will be attractive cause it has super low miles.

#4 MilkyWay, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018