1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Selling a 2010 Prius -How much is it worth?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Steve Cebu, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Steve Cebu

Steve Cebu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    As many of you know I have to sell my 2010 Prius II.
    I'm wondering what the real world value of the car will be in a private sale?
    Considering that I paid $22,976 for the car and at the moment it has around 600 miles on it. I'm wondering what the value should be? It's too new to look it up. I'm asking $21,500 but I don't think I could afford to take less than that. I don't even have the title from the DMV yet.
    What do you think is a good price for a slightly used 2010 Prius.
    Yes I do have an ad up in the For Sale section. I'm not advertising it here. I'm trying to get some advice.
    Thanks
    Steve

2. turapeach

turapeach Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If I lived closer to you, I would give it VERY serious consideration at the price you are asking. I'd need to crunch a few numbers re: the tax deduction for sales tax and financing, but I don't think you should have to take more than a $1500 hit.

So sorry for your loss,
    Patricia

3. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Steve,
    Don't want to drag you backwards, but trying to help....

I know you've tried many seat cushions, pads and such, but ....

Have you tried all the different adjustments of the seat and steering wheel? Bunch of them available - slide back, height adjust, seatback adjust, steering wheel tilt, telescope. A little adjustment makes a big difference.

Is your seatback angle best? Too far back and it can feel like headrest is 'not there'. Too far forward and headrest can press into back of head.

I like the steering wheel as low as possible. I don't like to reach up much for it.

Food for thought. Hope it helps.

4. agentred

agentred New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I read an article about the Prius's great retaining value after a year, a 2008 model was selling for the same price as a 2009.

Can you afford to put it in storage somewhere for a year? That way you can keep advertising it but it won't be racking up mileage or wear and tear, and by then the dealers will probably have cleared out the inventory glut.

I guess the idea is you'll get a good price, but you might get it in a few months time instead of right now...

5. Steve Cebu

Steve Cebu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks Patricia :D
    We don't have sales tax in my state, so it wasn't a factor in my decision. It probably will be in other states tho.

6. Steve Cebu

Steve Cebu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well I need a car to drive everyday, that's why I bought this one. I have a funeral to go to on Tuesday and that's about 1.2 hours each way. Gotta take the Prius as my wife will be at work and can't get the day off.
    I need a daily driver. I'm unhappy that the seat doesn't work for me and that nothing works for cushions but I'm trying to get an idea about the price I should sell it for. I can't store it for a year. Gas is going up and will be over $3 a gallon by the end of the summer.

7. rfruth

rfruth Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

15,000 cash here i'm in texas but can be on a plane to you tomorrow with the ca$h, want to deal ?

8. Steve Cebu

Steve Cebu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    :D No thanks, the car is easily worth far more than that even as a trade in. I'm sure a dealer will give me $20K for it trading it in.
    I also paid cash for the car. At least someone could get a good price and very low mileage and from a PriusChat member. :)

9. RodJo

RodJo Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'm really sorry about your situation.

Unless gas goes way up, you may get your best price now, before new Prius II's are on lots everywhere in New England. I would just advertise everywhere, including eBay and craigslist. You never know, someone in the area may need a new Prius NOW. I'm just thinking they may be your best target customer.

Best of luck!

10. Steve Cebu

Steve Cebu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks I will probably advertise that way but not until I have the title in my hand. I was hoping to sell to a PriusChat member, but we shall see. :)