1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For Sale Selling my 2004 Gen 2 Catalytic Converters Gen II Prius

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by DC_2004_Prius, Aug 8, 2022.

1. DC_2004_Prius

DC_2004_Prius Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello - There's been a recent uptick in catalytic converters being stolen in my DC suburb area - mine was in the process of being stolen when the thieves were scared off for some reason so I still have it. I will get replacement OEM cats and wish to sell my factory original Toyota Cats it to someone in a state who needs the factory original to pass inspection/emissions. Sorry this is happening. Big hassle. Anyway, I want to help someone afford to keep their great old prius going - and preemptively put some money in the bank and try to prevent mine from being stolen. (need to figure out warning labels/etc. so thief will move on if he comes to steal it). This is from a 2004 Gen 2 Prius with 215,000 miles on it. no emissions codes.

Let me know if you're interested - we can connect directly for our mutual security/privacy establish identities and I can ship it to you after payment. Thinking $800-$1000 plus shipping/insurance is a fair price to help us both and help you get back on the road/pass emissions inspection. It was unbolted at the front and cut neatly at a slight angle at rear in front of resonator(muffler can). I have fit it back on while I await my replacement/sale of this one. Easy to bolt on at front and use coupler/sleeve/expander/get shop to weld it at rear in front of resonator if that's how yours was stolen.

Thanks for any thoughts.
    you can email me at virginiarenovator at gee mail.

PHotos attached of my cats on offer- EA6 and GD3 - also likely springs and bolts that will come with new cats as mine were recovered from underneath car. Oh also O2 sensor is still in the port and is included - needs to be rewired/soldered or replaced as they cut/ripped it out. O2 sensor wires cut very close to end so may be a challenge to solder to it for new wire to re-connect to your manifold/dangling wires.

Cat manifold.png prius cat GD3.png 04 prius cat EA6.png 04 prius cat photo.png

Steven Valle and ydpplqbd like this.
  2. Steven Valle

Steven Valle New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hey,
    Im interested. I've sent a private message and I've also sent an email. Email might be better for a response. Let's talk. Thanks.