1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Selling my 2007 Pruis

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Marilyn Gomez, Sep 27, 2023.

1. Marilyn Gomez

Marilyn Gomez Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    What is a 2007 worth with 187,000 miles? It it needs catalytic converter & Hybrid Battery per Toyota Dealership. The car is an great condition. Code 1241 I’m in Southern California.

2. highmilesgarage

highmilesgarage Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Not that much since both of those items are worth more than the car. Can sell it for $3k (at least) I guess.

3. Marilyn Gomez

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    People are offering under $1000. I’ve put over $5000-6000 in parts the last few years.

4. MCCOHENS

MCCOHENS Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    This is a candidate for out of state sale, then a non california cat can be used. If I am wrong someone please correct me. If I am right get a second opinion on the battery. If it comes up with a Dr Prius test of over 50% a price around 3K would be possible. For a grand I would fly out from PA and drive it home, that is a crazy low number.

5. highmilesgarage

highmilesgarage Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    doesn't matter how much you spent for it, even if it's $10k.. people will always low-ball.. just ignore them.. sell it for $1000 if you want a quick sale.

Marilyn Gomez likes this.
  6. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    JC91006 likes this.
  7. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    If it's in great shape that's a good thing should be no problem put it on bring your trailer and that kind of nonsense where you're getting car people not just low ballers that are going to try to flip it I don't know what they're going to do with it in California they'll have to put a real dealer converter on it and do whatever with the hybrid battery so paying you $1,000 they're going to have $3,000 to sell it in it before profit or anything goes on so if yours is a real nice one say with perforated leather interior maybe GPS fog lights the rare larger spoiler and the 16-in wheels Good luck with that then maybe you have a $4,000 valued parts car a good rolling chassis and a runner somebody on something like bring your trailer will understand these things Facebook marketplace people not so much. So it just depends if you have to run of the mill sand gold colored car with that ugly dirty tan velor interior that attracts black like I don't know what then probably not so much those are good for work vehicles and people who are generally not so clean maybe or something I don't know. That's what my work vehicle is the gold with the tan ugly sad interior that just keeps getting dirtier and dirtier It's the perfect work vehicle and we paid $2,000 for it running titled been driven by the same people since it had 9,000 miles on it and it never had anything done to it except consumables 12 volts and tires mainly.

8. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
  9. Marilyn Gomez

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius