1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Send navigation route to car from phone/PC?

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by Robert N Lute, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Robert N Lute

Robert N Lute Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I have a 2019 Toyota Prius Prime Advanced. I know that it doesn't use google maps which would be better, and so far the built in navigation seems to be good enough for my area. But is there any way to plan out a route and send it from either my desktop PC or phone to the cars built in navigation. I think I remember reading something about how the back-end provider for the navigation is "Scout GPS" or something like that. I can see that scout gps does have an app with some sort of link option but it sounds as though if it is them than it still might work because you need Entune 3.0 or better for that to be compatible and I'm not sure if my new car even has Entune 3.0. I haven't been able to find where it says what version I have.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sorry, no. do you have an iPhone? car play may be available

3. jb in NE

jb in NE Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    There is not. When I travel and have a preferred route in my phone GPS (Google Maps or Waze), I punch up the destination in the car nav and let it do its routing. Then I put the iPhone on Bluetooth and listen to the voice directions from the phone and ignore the car GPS directions. The car GPS eventually falls in line with the phone routing.

I like Waze in particular for the police and road hazard warnings.